Weekend thread and Dont forget clock change

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Well it's the weekend again and that weekend where the clocks change. Anyone looking forward to it. Is it the weekend where your winter routine starts.
Fortunately for me it's no different really as the boys are out. Except that I must now ride mornings. Although since my lads injury and time off I've got lazy at getting up. I was getting up at 6 to ride. As the mornings got darker it went to 6.30. Then for a few weeks I havent got up till after 7.30. This week I should of been back riding but I couldnt motivate myself. I just checked the cows, fed cat and sheep and went to work.
I'm looking out now and it's almost 8 and it's still a bit dark. This time tomorrow it will be light.
I need to start getting up again at 6 to be able to fit in a ride as evenings are now not possible. I have to be back by 8am from my ride rather than just setting off. Otherwise its extremely late before I go to work. I will only be able to do that for a month then they will get moved to there bottom field as it will be back to dark at almost 8 like it is today. Once they move to the bottom field I can just lunge Monday to Friday. I can lunge in the field in the dark. Riding and driving only at weekends.
Today's weather is a complete wash out, it is supposed to be rain all day. So I think today is paperwork and a trip into town to finally go and get myself my new trainers for running. My feet are killing me now we are back running 10ks on a Thursday night. I need some supportive trainers. Tomorrow is looking nice so I will be riding and putting up temporary electric fence ready for getting the cows in next weekend for the next TB test.

Busy weekend for us. Meant to be hacking this morning if it stays dry. Then all three will come in for grooming and fuss.

I have to get all of eddies stuff together as tomorrow he is heading off to be backed,

Dinner at a friends tonight,

tomorrow I take Eddie then a pop in to town. Prep albi stable as it look wet for the next two weeks so need to get him off the fields to dry his feet out

a full horsey weekend with lots of dog walking thrown in

I love it when the clocks change as I always ride in the mornings and I'm up at about 5.30 regardless, so now it means I can get back to getting up to the yard and riding early instead of hanging around at home for a while waiting for it to get light!
Nothing exciting happening for me this weekend as usual I'm at work.

Working today then dinner with my boyfriends family tonight. Tomorrow I'm helping at the wildlife hospital first thing, going for a nice long walk in the woods and then soaking ales feet. Nothing exciting but should be nice. I'm now on half term for uni for a couple of weeks which I'm very grateful for but my first assignment is due day back (presentation eek) so I'll be doing a bit on that every day!

I’m in the middle of clearing out my wardrobe and jewellery - ready to donate to our local Cats Protection branch on Monday. It feels good to have a sort out! There’s loads of stuff and the rule is, if I’ve not worn it in a year then out it goes! Nobody needs twenty eight pairs of long boots. Or three jackets that don’t even fit right!!! So they’re going to get a nice haul and then I’ll have more space. But of course I’ll most likely come home with another bag full from them lol can’t resist a bargain.......

I'm looking after the yard, with another livery, tonight and tomorrow while YO is away and I was supposed to be going on the last Hound Exercises of the season tomorrow so that extra hour was going to give me an extra hour to get to the yard early and get the jobs done before I set off. However hound exercises have been cancelled due to the ground conditions, don't know what everyone else is like but we're on the second solid day of heavy rain and the ground was already saturated from pretty much constant on/off rain before that. Last night two of the stables in the barn started to flood and the paddock outside the barn was ankle deep in water. Luckily it had drained away a bit by this morning, it must have just been because it was raining so hard last night.

Rubbish weather, I hope it ends soon, so many events have been cancelled this autumn.

Rain going through here quicker than originally forecast. Should stop by 3pm so I'm going out to ride then. Billy's rug is leaking so I will put a dry one on him after I ride. I dunked one of his leaky ones in a bucket of rug proofed the other day and left it to dry so hoping it will be more waterproof now. The one I take off today will be getting an overnight dunk.
Several xcountry events cancelled round here due to rain. Although racing is still going ahead no surprise. I wouldn't want to go jumping with the water logged ground.
Think I will have to give a large strip graze patch today as the field will be water logged. It has been two days solid of rain here.
Blimey @Trewsers 28 pairs of boots. I dont even own that many pairs of shoes, boots and slippers combined. Although must confess I have 5 pairs of slipper boots. Only because people buy them as xmas presents for me. But all are unworn as they are totally unsuitable in my house as they have fabric bottoms.

I am currently at My mums warming up. Its been throwing it down all last night and today! Sox had physio. I am now warming up and going back later on to give him a good groom.
Tomorrow in working:(

Rain going through here quicker than originally forecast. Should stop by 3pm so I'm going out to ride then. Billy's rug is leaking so I will put a dry one on him after I ride. I dunked one of his leaky ones in a bucket of rug proofed the other day and left it to dry so hoping it will be more waterproof now. The one I take off today will be getting an overnight dunk.
Several xcountry events cancelled round here due to rain. Although racing is still going ahead no surprise. I wouldn't want to go jumping with the water logged ground.
Think I will have to give a large strip graze patch today as the field will be water logged. It has been two days solid of rain here.
Blimey @Trewsers 28 pairs of boots. I dont even own that many pairs of shoes, boots and slippers combined. Although must confess I have 5 pairs of slipper boots. Only because people buy them as xmas presents for me. But all are unworn as they are totally unsuitable in my house as they have fabric bottoms.

I know - I don't need all those boots. That's not including horsey ones. So very sad on my part lol anyway, they're going to a good cause. And I've bagged up lots of new items that I bought that didn't fit. Plus a whole load of gilets. This addiction has to stop.......................
I like slipper boots but they don't wear well - we had stone flag floors at our old house and it made them holey pretty fast!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I love boots! (Unhelpful)

Busy weekend for us. Meant to be hacking this morning if it stays dry. Then all three will come in for grooming and fuss.

I have to get all of eddies stuff together as tomorrow he is heading off to be backed,

Good luck to Eddie on his first day of school.

I spent a blissful half an hour gently combing out Levi’s mane and tail this afternoon. Fortunately he also enjoys it! Hopefully going for a little hack tomorrow, though it might only be a walk up the lane and back, as I expect the ground will be very wet still.

I spent yesterday ill, so I just threw feed and hay at the horses and poo picked the bits I had too, both morning and evening and spent all day curled up on the sofa because today is my Halloween ride and for a change I'm taking Hank so I needed to feel better for a 15km hike :) I completely failed on a costume but I know a lot of the others have costumes planned so it should be fun.

I spent yesterday ill, so I just threw feed and hay at the horses and poo picked the bits I had too, both morning and evening and spent all day curled up on the sofa because today is my Halloween ride and for a change I'm taking Hank so I needed to feel better for a 15km hike :) I completely failed on a costume but I know a lot of the others have costumes planned so it should be fun.

get well vibes to you.

OHH Jessey I hope your feeling better.
My bug has really been hanging on.
Fri pm was awesome went to a local church for presentation of horrific Reynolds murders of 1897.
Omg it was so well done the people portrayed spirits of the people who gave testimony they had a funeral for the murdered family. That church had the original
funeral. The historic commission is trying to preserve the church its sad there is no more congregation there everyone has died off over the years. It so well worth raising money to preserve it.
It was sooooooooooooo well done with caskets and awesome period costume.

The re inacted the whole trial then held the funeral.

Last nite we stopped at a halloween house just a couple streets away
I always thought the big fun house mouths were from the old rocky point park fun house that closed in the 80's but he made them from wood and foam :D
Then you walked into his garage and a lovely maze set up in there.
It was so well done.
The clowns really creep me out I totally hate clowns.
As a kid I got really scared at ringling brothers circus by the famous clown Emmet
Kelly. He came at me with big dental pliers and I went under the chair .
I also got creeped out scared by Bozo the clown ugh close up at a store.
I went to a halloween bazaar to also benefit that church yeserday and won 2
penny social prizes of halloween party items and halloween crafts.
Today is supposed to be pretty much of a washout. I am hoping to not get to wet even with rain gear on
as I have to do things thru the day with the horses and goats.
I really would like this lingering bug to be kicked and gone.
Our time changes next week im up really early 3 to 4 am ugh and this lingering dark in the am really is the pitts.

OHH Jessey I hope your feeling better.
My bug has really been hanging on.
Fri pm was awesome went to a local church for presentation of horrific Reynolds murders of 1897.
Omg it was so well done the people portrayed spirits of the people who gave testimony they had a funeral for the murdered family. That church had the original
funeral. The historic commission is trying to preserve the church its sad there is no more congregation there everyone has died off over the years. It so well worth raising money to preserve it.
It was sooooooooooooo well done with caskets and awesome period costume.

View attachment 100386View attachment 100385View attachment 100384
The re inacted the whole trial then held the funeral.

Last nite we stopped at a halloween house just a couple streets away
I always thought the big fun house mouths were from the old rocky point park fun house that closed in the 80's but he made them from wood and foam :D
Then you walked into his garage and a lovely maze set up in there.
It was so well done.
View attachment 100393View attachment 100392View attachment 100391View attachment 100390View attachment 100389View attachment 100388View attachment 100387
The clowns really creep me out I totally hate clowns.
As a kid I got really scared at ringling brothers circus by the famous clown Emmet
Kelly. He came at me with big dental pliers and I went under the chair .
I also got creeped out scared by Bozo the clown ugh close up at a store.
I went to a halloween bazaar to also benefit that church yeserday and won 2
penny social prizes of halloween party items and halloween crafts.
Today is supposed to be pretty much of a washout. I am hoping to not get to wet even with rain gear on
as I have to do things thru the day with the horses and goats.
I really would like this lingering bug to be kicked and gone.
Our time changes next week im up really early 3 to 4 am ugh and this lingering dark in the am really is the pitts.

Wow those Halloween decorations and displays are fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great set up. Bet that murder thing was creepy too - but for a good cause like you say.

It was actually fascinating. I felt like I was in little house on the prairie.
It was such a good cause. At Christmas the will have a presentation with all the lights off and just candkes in the huge chandelier thats original to the building.
I had found online an account of the murders from a San Francisco paper of the time. So i had a bit of an idea of what transpired but the whole performance far exceeded my expectations.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com