weekend thread

Been down to Birmingham for the weekend and stayed in a lovely hotel. My sister loves to sew and it was her birthday so we took her to the rag market. I've always wanted to have a go at making a saddle cloth so we chose some lovely cotton with mopeds on it. Don't have a horse for it to go on but might have a pretty nice saddle cloth! Haha.

Also spent some time putting a few wanted adverts up and I think today I'm just going to chill. Driving takes it out of me and it's a good 3-4hr drive to Birmingham from here.

So far weekend is nearly panning out as I predicted on page 1.

My granddaughter was 9 yesterday so we had a fab day together on Saturday...

Snapchat-1090970947-600x1067.jpg

And then yesterday Betty trailer did us proud as we were ground support for Jilly. Albi was fab at his 1st indoor showjumpies and came 4th in the 55cm and 2nd in the 60cm.

IMG-20170528-WA0021-800x533.jpg

20170528_144929-800x519.jpg

I didn't ride yesterday because I was knackered but I'm planning to later - after work - weather permitting!

Ziggy and I had a lovely hack yesterday which he was kind enough to write up for me http://www.newrider.com/threads/ziggys-hacking-diary-lots-of-trots.250749/. He was booted for the first 2/3 of the hack - until a boot came off and fell in the river Wey and vanished downstream, there's £70 I won't see again :mad: - and it seemed to me that he was happier and much much steadier in trot with his boots on, so perhaps I will use them more in future, when I have replaced the missing one anyway. I'm at home today unless I'm needed in the cafe and alternating knitting with getting some work done! Dogs walked, garden looking good so I can stay in out of the thunder showers.

Been down to Birmingham for the weekend and stayed in a lovely hotel. My sister loves to sew and it was her birthday so we took her to the rag market. I've always wanted to have a go at making a saddle cloth so we chose some lovely cotton with mopeds on it. Don't have a horse for it to go on but might have a pretty nice saddle cloth! Haha.

I'm intrigued by this - is this an autocorrect or are you really having a saddlecloth with mopeds on? - We need pictures!

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com