Weekend thread

I did dressage in a hail storm for just under 64% in his and mine second ever novice test, which given the conditions I was pretty pleased with and was enough for 4th. New venue too, and they had flowers and all out...and I actually got a prize, choclate! Definately going back there. :)

Was worth scrubbing the mud off the hippo.

Attachments

• IMG-20190317-WA0055.jpg
    IMG-20190317-WA0055.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20190317-WA0054.jpg
    IMG-20190317-WA0054.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 7
I did dressage in a hail storm for just under 64% in his and mine second ever novice test, which given the conditions I was pretty pleased with and was enough for 4th. New venue too, and they had flowers and all out...and I actually got a prize, choclate! Definately going back there. :)

Was worth scrubbing the mud off the hippo.
Those hail downpours were no joke! I was out in it too but luckily not competing, well done on the 4th despite crappy weather :)

Saturday was high winds and vicious showers so I stayed home and hid.

Yesterday Dom put me up a fence and gate in Jack's field so I have a small paddock now where I can put Gracie on restricted rations through the spring flush. It was cold, breezy and we had rain, sleet and snow...but it's done. Yeay!

Still reeling from what happened in Christchurch tbh and not really been in the mood to do anything constructive. I lived with a Muslim family there for 6 weeks and they have become good friends so it has hit very close to home for me.
I was looking forward to Roger Federer winning the title at Indian Wells last night, and he lost, so I didn't even have that to cheer me up!

Yesterday I played a little

But the big Thing was getting mostly caught up in the paddocks of what was frozen and buried.
Having fence panels makes is so much easier to get in and out with the ATV and cart.. we just opened it right up and swung 2 panels out o
Instead of struggling with the gate.

2 loads I used to fertilize along my forsythia down by my arena at the stone wall along the road
They are still kind of small and twiggy
BUT the xtra i put in a baby bed are about 6 feet tall..
I toss my little cavaketti. Pen manure on those and being they all started the same. There is a huge difference in growth.

Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
I dodged the hail and snow this weekend. That was last weekend for me. I was out in it mucking out. In minutes the ground went from green to white when I got pelted.
This weekend I finished the mucking out. Yesterday I had a bit of time off and went out to talk on rare breeds and a social.

Saturday was rubbish weather wise, but I did manage a little hack out in the late afternoon when the rain had more or less blown over and it was only the wind to contend with. Raf started a course of steroids for his skin infection.

Yesterday was better weather, still breezy but not as bad as it has been, so I rode YO's little ride and drive on a group ride (got hailed on twice but thankfully only briefly) and then I took Raf out on his own, I prefer that at the moment because I never know how he will be feeling. Had a lovely ride on both, Raf felt happy and forward so we went further than I planned and we even met a waggon and survived. Then I took my box out for a spin because it's not getting a lot of use at the moment, took the dog for a long walk and then back to the yard to help with the bedtime routine. It was really lovely to be outside all day and not get blown away.

Then came home and felt really sad because it was my youngest son's last night at home before he went travelling - he set off for Bangkok at 4 am this morning and has no firm plans after that other than that his travel insurance runs out after a year, so now we have an empty nest and I still feel really down :(

Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
Saturday was rubbish weather wise, but I did manage a little hack out in the late afternoon when the rain had more or less blown over and it was only the wind to contend with. Raf started a course of steroids for his skin infection.

Yesterday was better weather, still breezy but not as bad as it has been, so I rode YO's little ride and drive on a group ride (got hailed on twice but thankfully only briefly) and then I took Raf out on his own, I prefer that at the moment because I never know how he will be feeling. Had a lovely ride on both, Raf felt happy and forward so we went further than I planned and we even met a waggon and survived. Then I took my box out for a spin because it's not getting a lot of use at the moment, took the dog for a long walk and then back to the yard to help with the bedtime routine. It was really lovely to be outside all day and not get blown away.

Then came home and felt really sad because it was my youngest son's last night at home before he went travelling - he set off for Bangkok at 4 am this morning and has no firm plans after that other than that his travel insurance runs out after a year, so now we have an empty nest and I still feel really down :(
Feel for you - sometimes I think we should lock them in their rooms until they're 40, but of course we can't. My eldest had a nasty crash on the motorway last week, thank God he was ok, but I was still a wreck. All I heard was "Mum, I've had a crash...." cue palpitations and mother hen syndrome.

Feel for you - sometimes I think we should lock them in their rooms until they're 40, but of course we can't. My eldest had a nasty crash on the motorway last week, thank God he was ok, but I was still a wreck. All I heard was "Mum, I've had a crash...." cue palpitations and mother hen syndrome.
Oooh, heart stopping moment, thank goodness he was ok. I know my mum still worried about me on the roads and I'm 56! (She also still used to ask me if I needed a wee before we set off anywhere :rolleyes: )

My son has messaged me three times since he set off, to let me know various stages of his journey, so I feel much happier now ... although now that he's done his duty he probably won't feel the need to message me again for ages :p

Bodshi there was a program on tele recently and they were talking about people who go travelling abroad backpacking. They were on about making sure you know where they are heading etc. With all these backpackers going missing etc. It stressed that you should communicate regularly. Get yourself and him set up on some sort of video messaging link like Skype.

newrider.com