Weekend thread

Ohhhh when I complain its COLD....

********REMIND ME *********

Of when it was 86 f at 450 am.....

Oh to get thru today ...
Supposedly things will start to get better tonite.

Being 86f when I went out before 5am i did not even attempt to do any walking with Sonny.
It was hard enough to get them away from the fans long enough to clean the stalls

I really feel for horses goats etc that
DON'T have fans...

Reactions: Trewsers
Ohhhh when I complain its COLD....

********REMIND ME *********

Of when it was 86 f at 450 am.....

Oh to get thru today ...
Supposedly things will start to get better tonite.

Being 86f when I went out before 5am i did not even attempt to do any walking with Sonny.
It was hard enough to get them away from the fans long enough to clean the stalls

I really feel for horses goats etc that
DON'T have fans...
Missed you on hacking thread! I've been complaining about 75°so I'll stop that now! Those temps must be hell to try and do anything in - hope it cools soon. The animals must be miserable. Do you usually get this hot?

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Lol thanks huggy. This is more normal in Florida high temps and high humidity.
We are supposed to get to more normal
Tomorrow.

Mid 80,s f temp and a 79f dewpoint is
Not normal at dawn

Thank god we have gone a bit overtcast
And a blop of rain is supposed to go thru

Without the blairing sun its a little bit more bearable.
I have thermal curtains I close on where the sun is and ugh I hate that closed in feeling.
If it stays overcast they can stay open.

The whole crew are hanging in front of the fans..

I guess in Florida most people that retire there go from ac house. To ac car..to ac shopping mall lol

Lol thanks huggy. This is more normal in Florida high temps and high humidity.
We are supposed to get to more normal
Tomorrow.

Mid 80,s f temp and a 79f dewpoint is
Not normal at dawn

Thank god we have gone a bit overtcast
And a blop of rain is supposed to go thru

Without the blairing sun its a little bit more bearable.
I have thermal curtains I close on where the sun is and ugh I hate that closed in feeling.
If it stays overcast they can stay open.

The whole crew are hanging in front of the fans..

I guess in Florida most people that retire there go from ac house. To ac car..to ac shopping mall lol
Is it normally humid where you are? I was just outside of LA last month, up in the hills, and I was surprised how humid it was there. With mid 80's temps we hiked in the mornings and sat out in the garden drinking tea all afternoon :) Then went to Vegas and it reached 109 but it was lovely as it was so dry, I thoroughly enjoyed the weather there.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
We do get humid. But dew temps this high are not normal.. thats what really gets you.

Ohhh yes when i was in Arizona..years ago
Yes 90s, f with no humidity did not feel bad at all.

It was funny it had soooo little humidity if it went to 80f at nite you felt chilly lol.

Air. Conditioning was odd they were evaporative coolers and did not cost a fortune to run.

Reactions: Jessey
Feel like a doomsday prepper! That feeling of satisfaction when you get your hay all stacked up, ready for whatever winter throws at you! Had a 7.30 hack this morning, and it was lovely - apart from the cows - STILL hanging around. Hogan fell over his own feet, looking at them.

Well i done it!!! Hacked my pony out!!!! He was amazing! View attachment 99213
Yay, what a little star :)

Feel like a doomsday prepper! That feeling of satisfaction when you get your hay all stacked up, ready for whatever winter throws at you! Had a 7.30 hack this morning, and it was lovely - apart from the cows - STILL hanging around. Hogan fell over his own feet, looking at them.
That is possibly one of the best feelings, when you have all your hay stacked and you know you are ready :D

Well haven't got all the things I planned done. Couldnt offload the hay trailers because someone had an event on all weekend and had apparently parked loads of cars and a portaloo infront of the trailers and hay barn in the yard where we put hay. To be honest I'm rather glad, but it means I have to do it one night this week after work.
I've wormer, fly preventioned and weaned all the lambs. Moved to there appropriate fields.
Forgot I was supposed to be going to a farm visit to see so Dexter's as well yesterday. So had the day off, ate way to much as we had a lovely buffet for lunch.
Didnt do any riding so I'm annoyed about that.
Calf halter training turned into getting the calves in, removing the halters from those who were wearing them, then turning them out to rejoin the rest of the herd to roam freely on the hill. Weve abandoned the training as I've just had so much to do that I haven't been able to fit it in for several weeks. Weve got to get all the cows back in to our fields for another dreaded TB test in 3 weeks so might do some then. We also need to preserve the grass as we are going to have to calve the cows on our home fields this year. This TB has put a right spanner in the works for our normal routine. We are not even sure if we are going to be able to put the cows back in calve this year.

My viewing went well this weekend and I am trying not to get too excited! I rode in the school, jumped a small fence and went for a short ride through the village (so saw some traffic) and onto a bridleway where we had a canter. The horse behaved beautifully – he has a bit of ability without being a handful, which is the balance I’m looking for.

His owner is in no hurry and he hasn’t been advertised so I am taking my time. I’ll be going back next weekend to hack him out in company. I feel that I’m being assessed for suitability as much as I’m assessing the horse, which I don’t mind at all, as I would feel the same if I were selling. I hope I pass though!

Well done MystiqueMalika on your hack – I love your pony, he’s very striking! Is he new to you?

I’m not envying your heat and humidity horseandgoatmom – it’s bad enough here this week. Over 30 degrees where I am and I’m melting.

Everyone has been far more industrious than I have!

Reactions: Jessey
As promised some photos from the weekend -

George enjoying the pool

playing with the shower ...

taking grandad down to see the horses ...

watching Mummy on a horse for the first time in years ....

and grandad on "dandad's orse" :)

and stuffing face with food while watching Peppa Pig - all specially prepared for him...

Fabulous time had by all and George very much the centre of attention for everyone!

• Love
Reactions: Jessey and Feawen
newrider.com