Weekend Thread

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
What's everyone up to?

I've schooled Pete (we did a polework session), poo picked and got my Dad to take down the stable fittings he's been rubbing on - my Dad's had a great morning as I persuaded him to hrlp with poo picking!

Now, I'm watching Burghley so that's me sorted for the rest of the day. I've not yet told my OH it is on until 4pm ... ;) I'm popping back to the yard when the football is on :D

Tomorrow, I'm planning to take Pete on a hack to explore some more of the Estate hacking before a Sunday roast with my OH.

What's everyone else up to?

Working today until four then two days off (our weekend is Sunday and Monday). Hoping to lunge the ginger one, bath Chloe's legs (ongoing issues with mites) and then if I have any spare energy I'm meant to be clearing the pile of hayledge that seems to have accumulated by the side of the garage. Along with kitten feeding and the usual - it will pass in a blur I think......................... :D

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Supposed to be in the office doing the paperwork that I didnt get to last weekend. Must be done and submitted today so will venture there soon. But I'm sitting watching burghley currently with a few oohs and aahs. Scary fails and another just gone as I type.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Spent the nite worring that Dorian did not change course and hammer us.
It's still a hurricane and set to make landfall in Canada tonite. Geesh Canada
does not get hurricanes often...
Woo Hoo had 2 great large round pen sessions at liberty and an online one in the arena this am already. and im THRILLED TO SAY for the first time in months I was a little chilly!!!!
Its windy but im hoping it dies down tonite because Rhode island Is set to spray this area for mosquitoes.
There has only been one human and one equine case in
Ri so far they dropped some pellets further south a few days ago but tonite they are set to spray the northern border cause Ma. is a hotspot right now 9 horses 1 goat
and 8 humans.
Its extremely worrying even tough I vaccinate. but there is no human vaccine or treatment for animals or humans.
I subscribe to EDCC and none of the cases in Ma have hit that.
Its informative because it gives you lots of info without giving exact farm but you know age etc of animals and vaccination status.
A huge list from NJ hit it yesterday none were vaccinated.
I did call MA. yesterday and ask why NONE have been submitted from Ma yet.
Geesh they are the most important being next state over.
I was told they only knew the towns so far and data sheets are just coming in
with details and they should be submitting them.
The woman seemed a little shocked someone would ask.
The Ri horse was too young to be vaccinated all the NJ horses were un vaccinated
I am hoping for some good continued play and continued cooler temps.

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Woo Hoo had 2 great large round pen sessions at liberty and an online one in the arena this am already. and im THRILLED TO SAY for the first time in months I was a little chilly!!!!
Its windy but im hoping it dies down tonite because Rhode island Is set to spray this area for mosquitoes.
Ri so far they dropped some pellets further south a few days ago but tonite they are set to spray the northern border cause Ma. is a hotspot right now 9 horses 1 goat
and 8 humans.
Its extremely worrying even tough I vaccinate. but there is no human vaccine or treatment for animals or humans.
Its informative because it gives you lots of info without giving exact farm but you know age etc of animals and vaccination status.
The Ri horse was too young to be vaccinated all the NJ horses were un vaccinated

Lots of vibes for continued cool!

I’m off to Burghley :D really looking forwards to it. I never ever have a Sunday off work so that’s also lovely.
Shame about the long drive. Don’t really do long drives as I have a sore hip and it’s very painful driving but I’ll stop a few times and walk!!
I admit I sort of thought Burghley was in Gloucestershire when I agreed to go...

Reactions: Huggy
In Malta - actually enjoying the heat for once - lay about, read, swim - repeat. :) . Still, missing my bad boy, and hoping he hasn't been naughty.

I’m off to Burghley :D really looking forwards to it. I never ever have a Sunday off work so that’s also lovely.
Shame about the long drive. Don’t really do long drives as I have a sore hip and it’s very painful driving but I’ll stop a few times and walk!!
I admit I sort of thought Burghley was in Gloucestershire when I agreed to go...
Is this what your boss gave you?

Is this what your boss gave you?
Yep! He’s also covering for me today!! He’s the best, literally.
A great guy to work for. He keeps everyone in order and takes no crap but in a good way. No one ever gets crabby if they get a ticking off as it’s done so well and we all know it must be deserved!!
Lots of management could take lessons from this guy!

I had one of the rides i organise yesterday, it went OK apart from 1 hitch. As jess hasn't done loads recently I got a lift over to the meeting point as it saves us about half hour riding each way. It's an American herring bone trailer that she's been in many times before, she loaded and travelled fine but was in such a rush to get off she tried to fold herself in 2 to turn to get out and slipped and went down :eek: she has just been so Ansty all bloody week. She seemed OK so as the ride is walk only we went anyway and she seemed fine. This morning will tell the whole truth.

Today ill be poo picking and going for a short walk ride if she's sound. Perhaps watching Burghley on TV is in my future too :)

Reactions: MrA
Yep! He’s also covering for me today!! He’s the best, literally.
A great guy to work for. He keeps everyone in order and takes no crap but in a good way. No one ever gets crabby if they get a ticking off as it’s done so well and we all know it must be deserved!!
Lots of management could take lessons from this guy!
What a gem!

Reactions: Toz
Sunday's are my weekend now so making the most of it. Up early and cleaned out some of my animals, my 7 week long pet sit ones have gone home so slightly easier task now! Rode Brodie and did Ales feet, poo picked, spent a little bit of time just watching them eat. Said hello to foal! She demanded bum scratches. Cycled home.

Now heading out for a couple of hours walking down the river to a nature reserve. Off to my parents later after popping back up to give Ale more grass. Then seeing my grandparents who both have dementia and just spending some quality time with them whatever they want to do, apple picking seems to be their thing currently. Having dinner with my boyfriends family later and I usually turn up on bike so thought I'd make the effort and drive today haha. Then I'm heading back to mine and I'll probably try to watch a film just to round the day off.

Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
I had one of the rides i organise yesterday, it went OK apart from 1 hitch. As jess hasn't done loads recently I got a lift over to the meeting point as it saves us about half hour riding each way. It's an American herring bone trailer that she's been in many times before, she loaded and travelled fine but was in such a rush to get off she tried to fold herself in 2 to turn to get out and slipped and went down :eek: she has just been so Ansty all bloody week. She seemed OK so as the ride is walk only we went anyway and she seemed fine. This morning will tell the whole truth.

Today ill be poo picking and going for a short walk ride if she's sound. Perhaps watching Burghley on TV is in my future too :)
Sounds scary, hope she's okay

and 8 humans.
I spend my days worrying about such trivial things, don't know how you cope with all this going on. Stay safe!

In Malta - actually enjoying the heat for once - lay about, read, swim - repeat. :) . Still, missing my bad boy, and hoping he hasn't been naughty.

Ooooh Malta is HOT! We went a few years ago, omg I got heat stroke one day in Valetta. Coming back in a taxi I almost expired :eek:
Enjoy your joliday! Stay cool!

Reactions: Huggy

Vibes for her continuing to be okay. It's never good seeing them fall over. Storm fell over a couple of times when I first got her. Once in sheer fright outside the school - she had obviously never seen a tractor at such close quarters poor lass.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com