Weekend Thread

Yes I hope that the better weather will mean I feel more inclined to ride, though what horse I don't know.............

Mmmmm, a nice little highland pony? You could fit one more in without even noticing ... haha :D

Sorry your confidence has taken a tumble. It must be a frightening thing to fall off such a big horse. I'm another fan of the smaller equine, though I know plenty of people prefer the larger ones. I'm sure Zi won't mind if he neither of you ever ride him again, he must have a lovely life with you and the girls :)

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
You tell mr t to take more breaks. I know its hard when you run your own business and every penny you earn counts but for your mental health and wellbeing sometimes it just aint worth spending every waking hour behind your desk. Life is too short.
Anyway saying this tongue and cheek. You could be his groom. Go out tack zi up and he just walks out the door and gets on for a quick ride. I call that team work.

Mind sometimes the small ones are worse. When i loaned the exmoor only 12.2hh. He managed to turn on a sixpence one day and i was out the door. Laughed that fall off. A few weeks later he threw in a lovely spook and buck and unseated me and i got severely trampled that day. That dented my confidence well and truly being trampled in the chest and dragged along the ground. He was not safe to ride as he was frightened of many things. Think he had been through some trauma with his previous loan home. I never rode him again. It was a hard decision to send him back to his owner but it also made them retire him from a ridden career.

• Wow
At my last dentist's surgery where we used to live, his assistant was fifty and had never had toothache or a filling! She had wonderful even teeth. Grrrr. (I am always quick to blame it on being an age / generational thing but it clearly isn't). My poor mum looked after her teeth and ended up losing them all. I hope I am not destined to be the same................................
My mum too - though she blamed it on living in India and having poor diet and dental care. All before I was born, so I think she lost hers in her early thirties. o_O I'll lend you fatso Hogan - just a couple of feet off the ground, and soooo slow ;)

Reactions: Trewsers
@Huggy i saw that picture of hogan you posted recently, cant remember what thread it was on. Hes built like a tank thats for sure. My kind of horse. As wide as he is tall. I cant believe hes only 13hh. He looks bigger than that. Poor @Trewsers at 5ft will have an armchair but might have an issue wrapping legs around. Lol

• Haha
I feel all the tooth pain! I'm putting off going to my dentist as its my birthday next week but I'm almost certain I need a tooth removed. My boyfriend doesn't have a single filling! Good for him but wish I could say the same. I also hate going mainly because of the injections, once I'm past that bit I'm generally okay. Also sorry about your confidence @Trewsers hopefully it comes back or you find someone else to ride, you need a Brodie in your life I think.

I'm on annual leave after today for 4 whole days and I can't wait. Tomorrow I'm hacking Brodie, doing some uni work and in the evening bowling with work people. Monday something in London but I don't know what yet. Tue probably go for a nice long walk and to the cinema. Then wed I'm taking Brodie to a nearby yard for a change of scenery and then making cakes in the afternoon.

I feel all the tooth pain! I'm putting off going to my dentist as its my birthday next week but I'm almost certain I need a tooth removed. My boyfriend doesn't have a single filling! Good for him but wish I could say the same. I also hate going mainly because of the injections, once I'm past that bit I'm generally okay. Also sorry about your confidence @Trewsers hopefully it comes back or you find someone else to ride, you need a Brodie in your life I think.

I'm on annual leave after today for 4 whole days and I can't wait. Tomorrow I'm hacking Brodie, doing some uni work and in the evening bowling with work people. Monday something in London but I don't know what yet. Tue probably go for a nice long walk and to the cinema. Then wed I'm taking Brodie to a nearby yard for a change of scenery and then making cakes in the afternoon.
Happy Birthday when it comes!

Reactions: MrA
OH birthday yesterday so we had the day off together. Lovely walk to our local tea room with the dogs fir breakfast. Walked that off on the way home. Yard to ride the boys feel so lucky my OH wants to be involved he ride Edward I on ginger.

Home to another dog walk then take away dinner talking and listening to music

He is playing golf this morning so I’m dog walking then playing ponies all day,

Tomorrow is house cleaning and chilling a little dog walking

Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
Mmmmm, a nice little highland pony? You could fit one more in without even noticing ... haha :D

Sorry your confidence has taken a tumble. It must be a frightening thing to fall off such a big horse. I'm another fan of the smaller equine, though I know plenty of people prefer the larger ones. I'm sure Zi won't mind if he neither of you ever ride him again, he must have a lovely life with you and the girls :)

I love highlands. I almost ended up with one before I got Storm. Lol I don't think Zi minds either way - but I know he does enjoy being made a fuss of!

Reactions: Bodshi and Jessey
I’ve been rehabilitating my horse after she tore a tendon nearly a year ago. We were just getting along fine and then she went down with mud fever last weekend. Spent a week dealing with it and now it’s gone so I’m planning to try and pick up where we left off with a little morning hack x

newrider.com