Weekend very quiet here

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
:)I am guessing everyone is busy making plans for the festive period? It seems quiet. I was just wondering what everyone is up to. It's been a busy day here work wise at maison Trews lol we have officially signed off now until the New Year:)
I am hoping tomorrow will bring an improvement on her leg and maybe a short ride on Zi. Tonight is our office party (being held in the kitchen:p)
Hope everyone is having a good one whatever they are doing.

I've been working on the farm all day. We had a mass move round of cows. We had to get 3 in off the hill onto our fields. The rest of the hill bunch have been moved off the hill to some other grazing fields adjacent. Then all the cows and calves had to come back from there calving field, across the hill to our fields. Then take one out of those that escaped from the hill last week and put her back with her group that had just been taken off the hill. We have a bull coming tomorrow. Then we've been cleaning out water troughs, repairing a fence from a tree that blew over in the winds. Finally have insulators that had been on order to repair all the fencing from our rogue abandoned joyriders car. So that all back up and now properly electrified. Also one or two repairs where staples had come out of insulators around parts of our field.
Rode the boys with one of the girls this afternoon. Then I just crashed. Came down with a cold yesterday. Had a bit of a sore throat Thursday on my run. But yesterday I was streaming. I hardly slept last night and spent most of the night browsing the internet. Up at the crack of dawn this morning but I have been streaming all day. I reckon I've gone through a complete kitchen role in 48 hours. My face is really swollen and sore. My mum went and got me some day and night tablets to dry it up. So I took some of those at 5 and they have started to dry up my snotty nose already. And I just slept in the chair. I've just taken the nighttime dose which can make you drowsy so hoping for a proper night's sleep. Can't believe this cold as I had one at the end of September. Guess I'm just over doing things.
Really want to get up and go for a run in the morning, then riding the boys with my other rider. Then bull arrives. Then I'm loading hay onto trailers for feeding to the cattle for the week. Monday I've get to work all day.

Reactions: Jessey
I was incredibly fortunate to go to Olympia last night at the last minute as due to gatewick chaos someone I know couldn't get home in time to go!

An emotional show this year with a very scary 5 minutes in the first competition after one of the driving horses tripped and became trapped under his fellow horses. I've never seen a quicker switch in atmosphere as everyone instantly went silent and the amazing teams there rushed into action. All the fellow competitors were in the ring in seconds to help. After a horrible wait the horse got to his feet and everyone applauded with relief. They really are amazing horses to not panic in a situation like that and thankfully the horse was absolutely fine.

At the end of the night they did a lovely tribute to Tim Stockdale and presented his children with a very special trophy, it was touching to hear the winner of the jumping mention how important Tim had been personally to him.

Having FINALLY sorted out a saddle for Gracie at the end of November, I became very pony-orientated in a "making up for a wasted year" kind of way. However, by mice December, having realised that the ONLY thing I had done towards Christmas was put up my tree, I started to feel really down and panicky about the impending festive season. So I prioritised and Gracie took a back seat for a couple of weeks whilst I got my @rse into gear and shopped, wrapped, wrote, decorated and cleaned. So I have been checking in occasionally but haven't really had anything interesting to post.

Friday we got torrential rain and winds. And it was 60f.

Yesterday it was not supposed to be as windy. It seemed not to be as bad.
I played in my arena that had wonderful footing. He was a bit silly not bad
Then i put him up in one of the big rd pens for a while.
Omg the wind came up horrid and Sonny was galloping around like a nut up there.
They really got that WRONG.
Today hopefully since play .
Tonite we are supposed to get a dusting of snow.... it better be just a dusting.

Need to get a few odds and ends today or tomorrow and A PIZZA.
I will totally crave pizza when nothing us open.
Since it's just the 2 of us we are doing
Rotisserie chicken.

Reactions: Trewsers
I've been working on the farm all day. We had a mass move round of cows. We had to get 3 in off the hill onto our fields. The rest of the hill bunch have been moved off the hill to some other grazing fields adjacent. Then all the cows and calves had to come back from there calving field, across the hill to our fields. Then take one out of those that escaped from the hill last week and put her back with her group that had just been taken off the hill. We have a bull coming tomorrow. Then we've been cleaning out water troughs, repairing a fence from a tree that blew over in the winds. Finally have insulators that had been on order to repair all the fencing from our rogue abandoned joyriders car. So that all back up and now properly electrified. Also one or two repairs where staples had come out of insulators around parts of our field.
Rode the boys with one of the girls this afternoon. Then I just crashed. Came down with a cold yesterday. Had a bit of a sore throat Thursday on my run. But yesterday I was streaming. I hardly slept last night and spent most of the night browsing the internet. Up at the crack of dawn this morning but I have been streaming all day. I reckon I've gone through a complete kitchen role in 48 hours. My face is really swollen and sore. My mum went and got me some day and night tablets to dry it up. So I took some of those at 5 and they have started to dry up my snotty nose already. And I just slept in the chair. I've just taken the nighttime dose which can make you drowsy so hoping for a proper night's sleep. Can't believe this cold as I had one at the end of September. Guess I'm just over doing things.
Really want to get up and go for a run in the morning, then riding the boys with my other rider. Then bull arrives. Then I'm loading hay onto trailers for feeding to the cattle for the week. Monday I've get to work all day.

Get well vibes, colds are so annoying when you need sleep!

I've done a lot of nothing. Friday was a long day, the cat got me up at 3am, then ponies, work, ponies again and then a shortest day meet up meant I didn't get to bed until 1am. That messed up my day yesterday as I was just exhausted so I wasted the good weather. Today its miserable again so I didn't get much done with the ponies again. Tomorrow is meant to be better so hopefully I'll ride and I've got to pick up a few bits for Xmas Dinner and horse feed, nothing like leaving it until the last minute!

Reactions: Trewsers
Well other than dinner this year I'm not doing Christmas, decided that instead of buying gifts for people who probably don't want or need them I would send something to a local charity instead.
My two grown up daughters and myself went for a Spa day instead of buying each other presents and Mr KR and myself have just spent a small fortune having our bathroom and en suite refurbished so are not buying each other gifts either.
I don't even have a tree up! So liberating and much less stressful. Baa humbug!
I guess it's quiet here because of the time of year, another forum I belong too is really quiet too.
I love the idea of your office Christmas party in your kitchen, at least you don't have far to stagger home and I hope the good lady is feeling a bit better today x

Well other than dinner this year I'm not doing Christmas, decided that instead of buying gifts for people who probably don't want or need them I would send something to a local charity instead.
My two grown up daughters and myself went for a Spa day instead of buying each other presents and Mr KR and myself have just spent a small fortune having our bathroom and en suite refurbished so are not buying each other gifts either.
I don't even have a tree up! So liberating and much less stressful. Baa humbug!
I guess it's quiet here because of the time of year, another forum I belong too is really quiet too.
I love the idea of your office Christmas party in your kitchen, at least you don't have far to stagger home and I hope the good lady is feeling a bit better today x

That's a nice thought about giving to charity instead. Lol the office part was a cracker:):Ddidn't collapse into my pit until midnight:p

Ive been at the rs today feeding & turning out, derugging & rugging as it was 19° today but as soon as the sun goes down it gets cold really quick. The yo is away for 4 days visiting family so we have put up a rota for volunteers. Lots volunteered but then finally dwindled away at the last moment! so mostly me an 2 others doing shifts between us. I like it, it feels like Im giving something back to the horses.I do feel guilty leaving my oh on his own though :(
Cocaïnes being very nice & friendly to me and working hard. Downside is she did give the yo a full on kick to her thigh last week when she spooked at a tractor :( !! Poor blooming yo was limping for 5 days:eek:

Hello!

Apologie for not posting much. I was very busy in the run up to Christmas - three (!) work parties, a retirement party, a stable xmas party, a horsemanship/riding club group Christmas meal, my OH's work party and my OH's Mother's birthday all in the last few weeks. I've already told my OH I'm boycotting NYE!

We've also been preparing for an external audit and are part way through a company restructure .... joys of joys. Finally finished work on Friday until the New Year and hot footed it to Olympia, which was a great show :)

Making the most of my time off now with a Christmas Eve & Christmas Day hack & another planned for tomorrow, a clinic at the yard, some jumping & lot's more hacking :)

I've spent Christmas Eve with my OH's family & Christmas Day/Boxing Day with my family. I hacked out earlier with my Dad & dog, came had a fabulous day with my amazing family, eaten lots of food and been totally spoilt. I'm now in front of the fire in my Christmas PJ's drinking my Mum's homemade sloe gin & devouring the Christmas cake my OH & I made ❤

Merry Christmas everyone!

O7ccv06.jpg

I had not one but two hacks this morning! 45 mins on Brodie and our first canter and as I'm working on my confidence 1 hour and a half on a kindly lent liveries horse who is bombproof as anything. Both went really well and I do feel a bit better already although still lots to work on.

newrider.com