Weekend, weather and wind

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
It's that time again......
Plan anyone? So windy here we can't feel the heat:papparently thunder storms are due at eight this evening. Will be keeping a close eye on the ginger one as last time there was a storm he cut open above his eye in a panic resulting in one close to fainting horsey owner and an emergency vet call out:eek:
So also a blood moon, but not sure it will be much here as visibility might be poor. Hoping to pootle tomorrow - after working part of the day. Sunday the same hopefully and maybe a beach walk, as I would like some bigger shells to adorn our garden fence:D

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
No plans as largely depends on the weather at the time I'm at the yard.
I can't see my weeding being disrupted though. :D

I love this comment on our weather warning.
"Damage to tents or other temporary structures is possible"
Um with 40mph winds predicted I suspect you will be searching for your tent!! In fact I probably wouldn't want to be in one.

"It’s likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities will be affected by spray and/or large waves"
You don't say!!! Are people really that stupid today or are we in such a nanny state that everything has been explained.
Including the keep away from the edge!!!

I was meant to have friends over to camp out to watch the eclipse tonight but I cancelled because we likely won't be able to see it, just sat in the garden with a beer listening to the thunder in a little light rain, but it didn't amount to much.

Building a hay shed tomorrow for disabled friends, if I haven't melted by that point I'll ride after. Hopefully a ride Sunday if the weather does what it's meant to.

I was supposed to be doing a grid and polework session with some friends tomorrow but when I went to ride tonight Raf was dog lame when I got him out :( Apparently he was fine when he was brought in from the field two hours earlier, so how he's managed to lame himself is a mystery. I'm hoping for an abscess but there's no sign of anything in his foot, he seems sore down the back of his leg from his bum, where the hamstring is in a human, not sure what it's called in a horse. Anyway, at last we have had rain, and lots of it! Started last night and we've had thunder storms going over all day on and off. The downpours have been very heavy but the weather is moving through fairly quickly so you don't have to wait long for it to change. I keep looking at our lawn and convincing myself it's greening up a bit. No spectacular lightning, which is a bit of a disappointment, but at least we have rain!

I was supposed to be doing a grid and polework session with some friends tomorrow but when I went to ride tonight Raf was dog lame when I got him out :( Apparently he was fine when he was brought in from the field two hours earlier, so how he's managed to lame himself is a mystery. I'm hoping for an abscess but there's no sign of anything in his foot, he seems sore down the back of his leg from his bum, where the hamstring is in a human, not sure what it's called in a horse. Anyway, at last we have had rain, and lots of it! Started last night and we've had thunder storms going over all day on and off. The downpours have been very heavy but the weather is moving through fairly quickly so you don't have to wait long for it to change. I keep looking at our lawn and convincing myself it's greening up a bit. No spectacular lightning, which is a bit of a disappointment, but at least we have rain!

Poor Raf:(hope it is nothing too bad.

Reactions: Bodshi
I was meant to have friends over to camp out to watch the eclipse tonight but I cancelled because we likely won't be able to see it, just sat in the garden with a beer listening to the thunder in a little light rain, but it didn't amount to much.

Building a hay shed tomorrow for disabled friends, if I haven't melted by that point I'll ride after. Hopefully a ride Sunday if the weather does what it's meant to.

Ooh hay shed sounds good! Is it a flat pack affair?

Ginger pulled his hamstring a couple of weeks ago. Had the physio put can’t ridden in walk with lots of stretches for two weeks right as rain after that plus a lovely supply horse as a bonus

Have a jump lesson today first one since I cracked my ribs very nervous

It's my mums birthday tomorrow but won't be able to get to their house due to the road closures for the annual Ride London bike ride, so I'm heading round after work tonight and baking her a cake.

Tomorrow I'm going for a hack and then going to watch my brother as he's taking part in the bike ride, also working for a couple of hours poo picking.

I'm also off Monday which is exciting so I plan on going for a nice long hack and spending time with Ale and might try and head to box hill for a walk if I get time!

Waiting for rain to stop so I can at least carry on with today's plans.
Lunch might be early.

Well no pootling for me today - it is just too windy and rumbly!!! I don't suppose Zi would bother but I am not brave enough lol
Think I will finish some work for Mr T, slap a hair colour on, ring my mum for a natter and plan a menu instead. :D

IMG_8984.JPG

IMG_8891.JPG

IMG_8776.JPG IMG_8767.JPG

IMG_8767.JPG

IMG_8920.JPG The weather has just not been good to play or ride.
Little Lincoln is on the road to recovery and he has been out side for a week his second soft cast came off just over a week ago.
The other 2 babies we were supposed to get when weaned had issues and she used several vets down by her.
They were mis diagnosed and had barber pole worms and sadly she lost one last Friday. So little Theodore
wont have his little
Roosevelt. Its heart breaking but she is not god.
She did full blood on Theodore he seemed to be holding his own.
Blood work showed he may need a transfusion they wont do that at her vets.
She called the vet ive been using for all mine and have done Little Lincoln treatment.
That site does not do transfusion just the main hospital.
I met her yesterday there and my husband talked and we are taking Little Theodore now.
Good news is the med knocked out the barber pole and he does not have them any more but hes got good load of
strongiles still but he does NOT a transfusion.
They have started treatment for him and we are picking him up at he hospital later this evening.
So today will be re set up for another new baby inside.
And his club house set up.
So I'm a new mom again sadly not for both but she was not god and has tried hard the mis diagnosis was a set back for sure.

Here is Little Lincoln with no cast on and hes got an adjoining clubhouse with a window to his brothers.
Its still touch and go with him that everthing grows at the same rate but his little fused neck may be his strongest part....

IMG_8984.JPG

IMG_8891.JPG

IMG_8776.JPG IMG_8895.JPG
Kinley looking into Lincolns area
IMG_8767.JPG

Here is Little Theodore at the hospital yesterday.

Ugh my computer messed up
Here is the new baby
In Jens arms going into the hospital.
It was better she carried him cause he knows her.
IMG_8935.JPG
and inside
The girl sitting with him has been to the house the last too times on rotation for Lincoln she is 4 year student and now her rotation is in the main hospital. Another girl also knew Lincoln she was in the inside clinic near me when Lincoln came in.
IMG_8950.JPG

IMG_8956.JPG IMG_8978.JPG
So this weekend is getting everything set for the new arrival.
We have a bit more night panel arranging to do so that he can
be up near Lincoln.

I really want fall weather I'm so sick of heat and humidity.

Reactions: Trewsers
My weekend hasn't panned out as I had hoped......no riding due to high winds. The stormy one has re tweaked the tendon, last evening. Resulting in a very worried pair of humans, icing and Compageling until bedtime last night. Note to self: wear socks inside rigger boots, do not be tempted to bare foot it, even if you are about to go to bed:p). This morning not quite so bad as predicted but still looking sore, so she's having a duvet day with Chloe close by wandering the yard and the Zi man free ranging from paddock to paddock. All I have done today so far is provide food for animals and humanso_O:oops:and browse ebay:Dany spare Storm vibes most welcome:)

soaked at a show yesterday BUT have to say i was more comfortable than i was showing in the heat a few weeks ago

She reared when I got her in so the wind was up her tail already.
Decided to lunge and she shied at a crisp packet, we dealt with windy corner better than yesterday so was able to start from where I left off yesterday on a settled note.

I had a pole work lesson in thundering rain yesterday. Even my undies needed wrung out!! Fab though, the worse the weather, the better Kez behaves. Today we've a trailer hired so been working on loading. I'm exhausted. Louisa, my highland, bolted through the trailer (front ramp open and partition moved to make it more inviting- stupid me!) and squished me against the side. Kez is doing ok but with the high winds and rain I don't think we'll take him for a drive. Toby bounced up the ramp like a pro showing the youngsters how it's done!

We got ready for the new baby yesterday.
And picked him up in the hospital in the lateish afternoon.

He needs blood tests every 3 to 5 days to keep on top that anemia is improving and no transfusion will be needed.

He looked nice and alert.

We took him to petsmart to get the baby carrier.
I cant assume he will be nice and quiet next to me on the seat of the car.
He was the hit of the place and was very very alert to what was going on (and cute as a button):) and gosh hes not much bigger than a button:eek:
IMG_9046.JPG

IMG_9060.JPG

IMG_9078.JPG

He had a nice sleep snuggling with me on the couch.

We got the temporary spot set today and portioned off the
permanent area .

Lincon has been hanging close with him all day.
IMG_9128.JPG
IMG_9133.JPG

I picked up the wire to do the little front yard paddock and it looks like a drunken sailor did it... oh well:rolleyes:
Every time I tried to bang in a post I hit a _(_(u(hpiy:mad: rock.
IMG_9192.JPG

I also got a little harness for him but lol oooh he does not like boundaries :p:p:p.
Its a little big but he will grow into it
He has to learn to lead but in time....
IMG_9168.JPG

He has another date with snuggling on the couch tonite:);):D

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com