Weigh bridge came to the yard today....

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
Top Spec Weigh bridge came to my livery yard today...... and this is the weight of my natives.... I knew they were over weight but this was a little better than we were expecting them to be... so even though they are now all on diets they are all now in work so hopefully it should get there weight down over the spring.....I got feed device for them all so now to see how we can do over the summer. I was also surprised they all went on the weigh bridge.....which was also a plus.

Weigh bridge weights
Fell ...Eva -465 kg (440kg ideal)
Fell..Lunan-481kg (450kg ideal)

Welsh cob....Kira - 438 kg (400kg ideal)
Highland.....Melody-586kg (540 Ideal)
Welsh cob....Storm -582kg (520kg ideal)

I am really pleased with Belle's weight right now, she's dropped quite a bit off over the last month, just when I was begging to despair, she could do with dropping a little bit more before they move onto the summer pasture though.
I might see if I can organise a weigh bridge to come to our yard if enough people would be up for it, I would be very interested to get Belle's actual weight.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Top Spec Weigh bridge came to my livery yard today...... and this is the weight of my natives.... I knew they were over weight but this was a little better than we were expecting them to be... so even though they are now all on diets they are all now in work so hopefully it should get there weight down over the spring.....I got feed device for them all so now to see how we can do over the summer. I was also surprised they all went on the weigh bridge.....which was also a plus.

Weigh bridge weights

Welsh cob....Storm -582kg (520kg ideal)[/FO

Weigh bridge weights

Welsh cob....Storm -582kg (520kg NT]

This was great for me to see! Used a weigh tape on Hogan and he's 456kg. I think he's probably nearest to a fell in his build, so he's not as badly overweight as he was. (He was 490 when I got him!) So Thank you! Made my day!

I had Sonny weighed at a gymkhana one year he was 1196 lbs

They were at the gymkhana the next year with the scales again
He was 1198 lbs.

It was kind of cool to have an actual scale weight.

It was well worth the money.

Reactions: Huggy
I had Sonny weighed at a gymkhana one year he was 1196 lbs

They were at the gymkhana the next year with the scales again
He was 1198 lbs.

It was kind of cool to have an actual scale weight.

It was well worth the money.
I think I'd have to subtract a couple of kilos to account for Hogans mane and tail!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
newrider.com