Well knock me down with a feather

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
Until recently,the girls have been fed Hi-Fi Lite and either Baileys High Fibre cubes (Inca) or D&H 16+ cubes (Puzzle), but I've become more and more aware that the Hi-Fi Lite feels really quite sticky and looks far worse in quality that it ever has done before.

So I started looking around and thought that Simple Systems looked pretty good, lots of testamonials to say that it's worked fantastically, including sharp horses becoming much more calm. A good friend of mine has also had very good results.

I always try and keep an open mind and try not to fall for the "miracle cure" stories too much as these things always work differently for each horse.

The girls have been on it for a few days now and the difference in Inca is really noticeable! She is much much more calm, still her cheeky self, but without with the uptight edge. I thought that in the long run there might be a bit of a difference, but I didn't think there would such a difference so soon after coming off her old feed.

I changed the boys to simple system grass nuts and they love them. but for me I know they are just getting good health old fashioned grass. they look great it has not fizzed them up (they are on the red bag) and it is cheaper then Baliey number 4

I immediately noticed how much more sticky the do called hi if lite was. A lami prone doesn't want molasses!
I will probably give my bag away and get something else. Not happy hoof as that's just as bad.

I am using simple systems lucie nuts for Ziggy's treat ball. They work great, smell good and have zero molasses. Result! Unfortunately I have to drive 12 miles for them each way :furious:

This is very interesting for me cos we found the same with some chaffs a while back and changed then hubby went to where make them and was interesting to see how blended etc.

We had a girl at yard who swore by simply systems but we were happy at the time with ours and their feeds so didnt want to change plus they were paying a fortune and it was far from simple all they fed although i think went overboard on it :wink:

I might just ring for advice....as my mare could do without that edge sometimes and could help her alot!

newrider.com