Well that was impressive!

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Ale was the wrong side of his leccy tape today, the mares had got loose so I figured he had rolled under his fence to join in the party. Fence was all intact and I was scratching my head trying to work out where he got under it...

Anyway I got him back the correct side and one of the girls suggested he may of jumped it. No no I said he wouldn't clear that with his belly and his ailments.

Cue him, clearly wanting to rejoin the party doing a neat little run up and bouncing straight over the fence. I couldn't believe it!! He proved me wrong! Fence was 1.25m high!! And he cleared it like it was a cross pole...

Maybe this rest is doing him the world of good after all!

lol naughty boy :p:D

Great that he's feeling good about himself and his tootsies to be jumping out and running around :)

Reactions: MrA
That's great he is feeling good enough to jump that lol Can him and the girls not share a field over the winter seeing as he seems so keen to be with them?:)

Oh dear !! is this lark going to cause you problems?! I had a boy who did this, the only way I could keep him in was double fencing the field. Seemed to put him of wanting to pop over ( Or barge through if rugged!) bloody devil he was!!

That's great he is feeling good enough to jump that lol Can him and the girls not share a field over the winter seeing as he seems so keen to be with them?:)

I haven't asked but the majority of the time he is not particularly bothered by their company, only when they are having a run about and he fancies joining in. I'm a bit worried he would bully them actually if they we're in together as they are fairly young and nervy and he was always top of the pecking order in his old place.

Oh dear !! is this lark going to cause you problems?! I had a boy who did this, the only way I could keep him in was double fencing the field. Seemed to put him of wanting to pop over ( Or barge through if rugged!) bloody devil he was!!

I've upped the fence to the next notch on the poles, he is generally very respectful of electric tape so long as there is a current going through it. I've finally got my batteries and spent 4 hours today sorting fencing out so I'm hoping he will stay put from now on :)

Reactions: Jessey and Gimp
I have to keep a line of electric tape on the very top notch of the posts otherwise marley lifts the posts up with his teeth and throws them down then just steps over them:rolleyes: he is a clever boy :D

Reactions: Gimp
I have to keep a line of electric tape on the very top notch of the posts otherwise marley lifts the posts up with his teeth and throws them down then just steps over them:rolleyes: he is a clever boy :D

Wow that's very clever! Luckily Ale hasn't learnt that one yet....

Reactions: joellie
Wow that's very clever! Luckily Ale hasn't learnt that one yet....

Yep we had to screw plastic clips onto the top of our posts to make sure the post didn't get lifted out of the ground :rolleyes: clever fatty ponies learn all the tricks to escape don't they o_O:D

newrider.com