Well, we can knock that one off the list of maybe’s

Star the Fell

Jun 14, 2015
Saw a lovely barn conversion for sale, stables and 3 acres of land. It’s about 20 minutes from where we currently live, but higher up on the moors. According to the estate agent description it is 15 minutes drive to the motorway, so still just about doable for me to get to work.
Not knowing the area, we had a look on the map and worked out that it was 1/2 mile up a lane off country road, so we thought we’d drive to check out the location today.
Following the satnav, we initially drove passed the first country road, so had to double back. The sign at the end said ‘unsuitable for HGV’’s’. Not a problem as it’s like that where I currently live. Turned into the lane that this house is on. And stopped. The sign said ‘unsuitable for motor vehicles’ and was the narrowest road I have ever seen! No way could I be driving 1/2 mile along that twice a day, especially in Winter.

We want somewhere remote and with views, but it does need to be accessible too!

I like the sound of that though....
Oh, it is a beautiful house and stunning views. It would be a possibility if I didn’t work. Don’t know where they hack out from there though as a horse and car certainly couldn’t pass on that road.

Seen some gorgeous houses that would be perfect for us, but not within the area we need to stay in.

Very few properties with land come up in our price range, and when they do, well they are cheap for an obvious reason!

Who owns the lane? It could be yours and you wouldn't meet anything?
We have a track that says unsuitable for motor vehicles, but you can still get a 4x4 along it.

Who owns the lane? It could be yours and you wouldn't meet anything?
We have a track that says unsuitable for motor vehicles, but you can still get a 4x4 along it.

Now that would be amazing!
Unfortunately the description says the house is in a ‘small hamlet’ and the barn was converted into 3 houses, so I know there will be other cars up and down that lane.

Sounds lovely! I’d use that as a fab excuse to be unable to get to work in awful weather potter round in the snow doing horses on your doorstep then hibernate away til it thaws. Perfect!

Reactions: newforest
newrider.com