Well we moved- What a day!!!!

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
As you all know today was our yard moving day - well it has been a mad day to say the least & not all went particually to plan! :unsure:

So got up early, went and collected a van from work, that they had kindly lent me for the day.

Went up the yard and got the boys booted & suited! :biggrin:

Excuse the awfull bandaging - I havent found any cheap sized shetty travel boots :giggle:
He is looking moody because he had just had a big full on braty strop about being made to stand still for more than 2 seconds! :redcarded:

21c1346d.jpg

Mr Finnley looking smart in blue

13fe0ca3.jpg

Then New YO appeared with trailer, he was really nice & friendly! :dance:

Perry pretty much loaded himself, he cantered up the ramp leaving me dragging behind looking pretty shell shocked!
Finnley surprsingly decided that he didnt fancy going anywhere and it took a good 15mins of pursausion before he gave in!

What me? Awquard NEVER! :angel:

3986c724.jpg

Followed the ponies all the way back to new yard, at traffic lights we kept calling finns name out the window and he was neighing back to us!!

Leaving old yard...
8b094594.jpg

We got to new yard, put them in the boxes, had a grand tour and were told how it all works.
Our stables are rarther nice! Am very pleased!
The main stable block is on the front of the yard and we are tucked away at the back, quite pleased we are in a nice little quite spot!
They have also built us a little store room, its so cute! Its like a little wendy house hehe with lights & power point for our kettle!

Our little wendy house thingy...

711b9a1b.jpg

Finn looking pleased in his new pad...

6e009e5c.jpg

43e2783e.jpg

They have made Perry's door lower than finns so that he can just about pop his head over

82934d81.jpg

The Boys view from theyre stables

24c98190.jpg

All seemed to be going swimmingly, we returned to old yard to get another van full of stuff, im ashamed about how much crap i actually own.

Anyway then this happened :(

71d9bcb0.jpg

We were sitting in a line of traffic, i suddendly heard a squeeling of tyres looked in my mirror to see this big toyota van screeching towards us smoke coming from the tyres.
Never experienced anything so scary, it was vile seeing it come plummeting towards us so quick. He was going at around 40-50mph whilst we were stationary.
Both me & OH are in agony with back pain, neck pain now. So trip to A&E for us tomorrow.
I feel terrible because work had specially let us borrow this van and look whats happened :(
The back of the van is totally smashed up, the windscreen totally smashed - all the contents in the back shot foward into the front when he hit us.

So most of our stuff is still at old yard, and i only have my car to get it all back. Its going to be a long day tomorrow carting stuff back and fowards :(

Anyway made it back up the yard this evening and they seemed happy enough. They have to stay in till Monday morn because of been wormed but quite happy with there hay & dinners.

Heres the view this eve, i can actually see my house from there stables. How cool is that!!!

76535599.jpg

Thanks for all the good luck wishes though, on the whole is went well!

Last edited:
OMG! What a thing to happen! That's just the stuff of nightmares, sitting there and watching the inevitable coming.

I do hope you are both OK tomorrow and look as happy as the boys!

Gosh Vic you don't do things by halves! Hope you are not too sore tomorrow and glad the boys are settling in well in their new pad.

Oh no!! I'd feel awful for your work too if they lent me the van. That's just typical isn't it - why did it have to happen today?!

But alls well that ends well. I must have missed a chapter in your saga coz I missed that you were moving but I think it's probably for the best. Especially if this new yard is used to escaping Shetlands! I am used to it but it still infuriates me, ha ha!! :redcarded:

Awww Vicks that is just total sh!te !!!!!

Make sure you rest as much as you can over the weekend, and do go and get checked out at the hospital, whiplash can be severe :(

Gentle vibes, and try not to worry about the van, yes work were very kind lending the van to you, but it certainly isn`t your fault that some utter numbskull wasn`t paying attention to what they were doing ... i hope the police throw the book at them :stomp:

Warm bath and paracetamol for you both x

Oh no!!!!!!!! Having been in exactly the same situation in a car accident I know exactly how you must be feeling, it's absolutely awful. Make sure you go to A&E tomorrow! I'm sure work will be fine about the van, there is no way that you could have avoided a moron like that.

It looks as though the boys have settled well though :)

Thanks everyone :biggrin:

Feeling the pain today, rarther stiff and sore! :redcarded:

Have been to A&E just to be checked are we are both fine, just the usual whiplash! OH thinks we should make a claim for it, i dont agree with making claims for small things like this but hey might get my horse box abit quicker! :wink:

Boys are fine and have been on a walk down the lanes just to give them a rest from stables. I thought they would both be really hypo and bolshy but they are being so perfect!

So far so good, the livieres all seem lovley. Have had some chats to a few and everybody smiles and says hello.
Not used to this nice-ness! :biggrin:

Blimey you've had a rough time there! Hope you feel better soon and the boys enjoy their new home.

Love it that you can see your home from theirs and vice versa. My boy is moving to right across the road from my house in 2 weeks' time - I can't wait to bring him "home" :biggrin:

Best wishes for your new yard life :wink:

Oh poor you, what an awful thing to happen.

But am pleased boys are settling nicely - and being so good.

Yay!! Hope you feel better soon

Thanks everyone, feeling much better now! :dance:

The boys are both doing well, im actualy amazed with how calm and chilled they are. I honestly thought they would be trying to bang down the doors by now!

They get to go out in there new herds tomorrow morning, cant wait!!! :dance:

Managed to move all of our stuff from old yard now with the help of OH's parents. So its all done and dusted now.
Unfortunatly bumped into Ex field mate and OH's dad kept making funny comments about burnt trousers :redface:

Anyway yes all going well! One of the young girls was so sweet and said would it be okay to use my jumps, bless her so cute so actually ask! :tongue:

So you decided to take the jumps? :smile:Glad everyone and everything is settling for you Vic, now you can relax and be happy - just do some careful scouting out of the locals, see who's sensible and who's not:wink:
Hope you're feeling better after the nasty shunt, why is it these things always happen to add a little drama to otherwise stressful proceedings? Anyhoo, love to the boys, hope they enjoy meeting their new mates tomorrow.

So you decided to take the jumps? :smile:Glad everyone and everything is settling for you Vic, now you can relax and be happy - just do some careful scouting out of the locals, see who's sensible and who's not:wink:
Hope you're feeling better after the nasty shunt, why is it these things always happen to add a little drama to otherwise stressful proceedings? Anyhoo, love to the boys, hope they enjoy meeting their new mates tomorrow.

Cheers hun!

And yeah jumps ended up coming with me. Although it wasnt straight foward at all! :stomp:

I text her to ask her if she would like a small token towards the jumps as i feel bad taking them but she did definatly say they were mine in April this year!
Got a text back saying that if i cant afford her new trousers then how ever can i afford the jumps? and that the jumps will be going in the newspaper for sale.

I was absolutly livid as you can imagine, vile b*tch.

So gave her the money for the trousers and said how much for the jumps.

She said £100 which they are worth. I was ready to punch her smug face in but at the end of the day i was desperate for the jumps!

Have met most the livieres now, they are all SO nice. Everyone smiles, talks and is just lovley. Not used to it at all! :redface:

newrider.com