wellie problems legs are too big help!!!!

la society

Nov 23, 2006
rettendon essex
im a size 14 and have quite large calves, and i just cant find winter boots to fit, wellies are always too narrow in the legs, and ive tried the velcro up the sides and i cant get the top straps done up, its driving me mad,
i would have thought that alot of riders have muscley legs, and i cant be the only one having this problem,?
any suggestions????????????

oh yes...i feel for you...i had to hunt for weeks to get wellies to fit my calves, i found that tayberry and joules fit...tayberry better though (43cm at the tops), oh and loveson geni wellies fit too.

www.easy-footwear.co.uk

Last edited:
i also had this problem and couldnt afford the wellies that fitted!:eek:

So i found some really cheap wellies and as i didnt need them to be reallly long as our fields didnt get that muddy! so i just cut them down! and they fitted perfectly!

It migt be worth a try as a short term fix untill you find the right ones!:)

Hope that may help!

im a size 14 and have quite large calves, and i just cant find winter boots to fit, wellies are always too narrow in the legs, and ive tried the velcro up the sides and i cant get the top straps done up, its driving me mad,
i would have thought that alot of riders have muscley legs, and i cant be the only one having this problem,?
any suggestions????????????

I have this problem and have found that the mudruckers or muckboot company ones fit fine albeit a bit price...then i found a pair of green wellies for £14 that are sort of 3/4 welly length and they fit a treat.

thanks guys, ill check out your suggestions,im just so glad im not the only one.lol
i am using carrier bags in my 3 year old wellies at the moment as there so full of holes, so will be nice to have nice dry feet again, :)

thanks guys, ill check out your suggestions,im just so glad im not the only one.lol
i am using carrier bags in my 3 year old wellies at the moment as there so full of holes, so will be nice to have nice dry feet again, :)

I would like nice dry feet too, joules wellies broke, got refund, now got hunters, they have no holes but they leak and sqweek when i walk, so have wet feet, plus got 1 stuck on, my ankle dosnt bend and boot refused to come off

i have finally found a pair of wellies to fit me, and purley by fluke, we were having a wander down maldon high street on saturday, and we popped into stead and simpson, who had some wellies, so just on the off chance i thought id try there wide fitting wellies(which normally means still not very wide.lol) and to my surprise they fitted and with room to spare, and they only cost me £15 so a bargain id say!!!!!

I have huge calves, found a pair of flowery wellies in wilkinsons, also stead and simpson do wide calved wellies

Fuller fillies do boots and chaps for wider legs up to 20inches

i dont fit in wellies, but i have woof wear muck boots. they are 3/4 length on me rather than knee length like wellies would be, but that might just be cos im tall. but either way, they come a decent amount up your leg, & are sooo wide even i use all the velcro straps down the sides to lug 'em in. not too pricey, only about 40 quid i think, & dead fluffy & furry in the shoe. i love them! i would just LOVE to be able to go stick my leg in a welly though & be able to buy them based on which are the nicest/prettiest/funkiest/cheapest ones etc. what a luxury... my woof wear ones are boring plain black :(

Buy these! They are incredible! Wellies in the cold wont be much good IMO as they aren't warm, but these boots rock your socks off, quite literally as you wont need to wear so many pairs in them! I suffer from awful circulation and get the first signs of frostbite when my feet are cold for a long time, my feet are still a bit cold in these but nothing like they were before. I am sure normal people would not be cold at all lol.

Dublin do wellies with a 'gusset' in them for wider calves, I bought them from equestrian clearance warehouse, the more expensive ones are really comfy too as they have a spongy sole thats really think. I have had both styles and they fit my wider calves just fine!
http://www.equestrianclearance.com/weatherbeeta/dublin_wellington_boots/index.html

Also have you tried mens wellies? Countrywide Farmers do them and they often come up wider all round...who's to know unless you want pink ones!!??

hey

I got some wellies from Roys for £10 they looked just like dublin ones and had the gullet bit and fitted perfect but kept leeking so i've gone back to my rigger boots (like builders where) I got them from shoe zone £20!
Theyre steel toe cap, inside filled with sheepskin very warm and there waterproof!!:D

newrider.com