Wellies!

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
Can anyone recommend a decent pair of wellies?

So far this year I have gone through 2 pairs, my last pair I have had for about 2 weeks! Both have split at the heel letting water in. (I think it must be the way I walk as it's always on my dodgy leg)

Got them for my birthday (woo hoo) and am really loving them. I got them on ebay and also bought Mr T a pair. So far so good!

Muck boots! No wellies have ever survived more than 1 winter but I love my muck boots.

We moved to this house 8 years ago. I am on only my 2nd pair of Bekina agricultural wellies. They last fantastically. I find them very comfy too, I take the dogs for hour long walks in them every day.

Le Chameau without a doubt, best wellies I have ever owned. I've had them for over a year now. They were comfy from the first day and are showing no signs of giving up yet. I had Hunters and they didn't survive a month of proper wear and the cheap ones from the garden shop type lasted a few weeks and just didn't suit my feet either.

That would be great thanks :D I used to have a pair of dunlop wildlifes and they were fantastic, had them about 6 years wearing them everyday, they don't make them any more though I don't think :(

Neoprene lined Aigle Parcours. Ridiculously expensive but I finally bit the bullet & bought some last year & they are beautifully warm & comfortable.

Dunlop Acifort safety boots. About £11 from FRS Country store on the Wolverhamptin Road. And a pair of red bootee welly warmers to keep your feet warm. Cheap as chips!

Reactions: Trewsers
I have Aigle wellies in purple:D I've had them about 3 years so far and still going strong!

Can anyone recommend a Muckboot Company style wellington - but ideally without the Muckboot Company price tag?!

I've currently got Barbours, which I like, but they have the worst grip ever & are proving a bit lethal in this weather!

I buy cheap countrywide wellies. There £10. I had a couple of pairs of there £25 ones, perfect to ride in but they didnt last long. The 10 quid ones have actually lasted longer. I had a more expensive pair but I couldnt get on with them they rubbed my ankles. think they were dunlops.

newrider.com