We're Moving!!!!

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
I have thought very long and hard about this, weighing up the pros and the cons for quite some time as well as having sleepless nights and stress. However finally I have decided the best thing for me and Sox is to move from our current yard.
Personally I have quite a lot of things going on and don't have the time or energy to listen to various people giving 'advice', their opinions in general. Also given the current situation I can't really do right from wrong. :mad:Whatever I do isn't right or good enough and I need to remember I am paying and being at the yard purely for Sox, no one else. I have to look after him in the best way I can, given the long list of issues and conditions he see's fit to throw in my path!!;) I also can not be dealing with the hassle and grieve I had last year when I was following veterinary advice. :mad::(

So, new yard! Its less then 2 miles away from my house.:D It will save me SO much of fuel on a whole, the yard is cheaper then my current yard. Sox gets one of the biggest stables in the yard.:) Yard is split in two, I am at the back so there is me and 3 other liveries I think. Sox will get 2 fields, one for summer and one for winter and are a decent size. He can see other horses in both though the winter field isn't as 'open' there are trees all around he can pop his head though a gap in the hedge and there are 8 horses in that field :) I am pleased he will be right at the back of the yard and the furthest field away from the road :) Hay and straw is included though sox will be on shavings due to his issues:rolleyes:. Plus the big bugger likes to eat half his bed if its straw!:oops: (Also when you work in the healthcare and mucking out before work you cant smell of straw!) YO seems lovely, laid back, doesn't want no hassle though willing to help. He said he could bring sox in for me if I needed him too:). The horses are already out full time there and come in, I believe around Oct/ Nov time. There is another typical lami pony there (I said typical as sox is hardly your typical native lami pony:(!!!) Who said sox can go with her little pony if I wanted to. The YO is fine with what time I come and go which will be good with my early and late shifts. There is a lunge pen and a jumps paddock, there isn't really a lot of hacking unless you want to go on the roads. But I shall cross the riding stuff when my horse is sound. I can do what I like in regards to restricting the grazing eg strip grazing etc. I have a large tack room purely for me!!:D At the moment anyway. They have water though no lights ,so be prepared for a thread on lights before winter! :p

EEkkkk!! So excited to being able to look after my own horse and actually do what I want when I want and not have the pressure of other people giving me crap/ grieve as it doesn't suit them!!:mad:

Oh yeah we move at the end of the month. I need to find out my shifts at work and we will move around my shifts. Just got a lot of stuff to sort out. I have transport, which is a start:p. Going to ask a friend if he can move some things next week if possible. I would rather move everything first and sox be the last so once he is loaded that's it.:D:D

My only doubt is I hope to god that he settles. He hasn't been by himself in a few years and I know he struggled when he was by himself ( as when he was out full time he wouldn't be able to have a proper sleep as he had to be always on the look out for danger :()

He'll settle, if you're happy & the atmosphere on the yard is better then he'll be more relaxed and settled. Is he on his own as a quarantine period? If so then it's only short term anyway. The yard sounds great :)

Reactions: lauren123
Sounds good. Lots of Sox settling vibes! I am sure so long as he sees you he will be fine. I used to think mine would wither away if they moved! But they have been fine. And I am sure your lad will be too.

Reactions: lauren123
He'll settle, if you're happy & the atmosphere on the yard is better then he'll be more relaxed and settled. Is he on his own as a quarantine period? If so then it's only short term anyway. The yard sounds great :)
At the moment he will be on his own unless someone else comes. However I can share a field with another pony but given the present issues I am wary of sharing again. I shall see how it goes

At the moment he will be on his own unless someone else comes. However I can share a field with another pony but given the present issues I am wary of sharing again. I shall see how it goes

Well if you're wary of sharing again he's going to have to get used to being on his own! Don't let one bad experience put you off though.

Went with a friend from my current yard yesterday and had a really good look again as where I will be, tack room is huge! He has natural shelter all the way around his fields :) Saw the YO who is lovely :) I start moving stuff over on Sunday :D

Reactions: carthorse and GaryB
newrider.com