We're on the move.....

tbaynancy

Jul 27, 2009
Wee update - I've decided to move to a new boarding stable much closer to town. As long as the weather is good, we're moving tomorrow. I probably won't sleep tonight as I imagine everything going wrong....

Current place is lovely but lately YO hasn't been paying as much attention to the business and while nothing awful has happened, I'm not that happy anymore. Also, my work has been insanely busy over the last year, and likely won't get better in the near future. Drive to the barn is about an hour each way - I'm getting out less than I'd like, just because I don't have the time after working 10 or 11 hours every day. New place is 15 minutes from home and about 1/2 hour from work.

So, wish me luck for tomorrow - I'll let you know how things went.

I know how you must be feeling, moving is one of those things that rattles the nerves isn't it :smoke:

Its great news that Rusty will be closer to home, you will be able to see the handsome fella much more often being more local, even just for a cuddle on the way home:smile:

Good luck with the move, I hope he settles really well and that you feel settled when its all done and dusted without an issue:smile:

Good luck - hope it all goes well. Sounds like a good plan - can't be much fun having to travel so far each time you want to see Rusty. Keep us posted when you get chance!

Sounds much better. Moving is stressy - more for us than the horses I think! But sounds a good move.

Move is complete

Well.....
- the driver didn't have a seizure and crash the horse trailer
- Rusty didn't freeze to death during the trip
- Rusty didn't fling himself around the trailer and die
...... in fact none of the scenarios that were in my head came to pass :redface: I am a champion worrier.

In fact, Rusty travelled in style in the box stall of a six-horse trailer. He arrived a little sweaty but the fleece did it's job and he was dry underneath. I put him in his new stall, he looked around and promptly tucked into the hay that was waiting for him.

After thanking the driver and paying him, new YO and I took Rusty out to meet his new fieldmates. There are 3 paddocks and for the first few days he will be in the enclosed area off the school that leads to all the fields. He trotted around and sniffed everyone (they all came to the gate to see the newcomer). There was a bit of half-hearted rearing (front hooves approximately 6" off the ground) and then he tucked into the hay pile. It was nice and warm and sunny (about -5C!!!).

Took me 15 minutes to get home :wavespin: I will be going back about 4 to check on him (they bring in at 4:30) and give him a bit of a groom and make sure he knows I'm still around.

Fantastic, glad it went well! You're going to find it such a novelty to have him so close to home, it'll be fab, and what a lovely way to start the year!

He's also going to acknowledge that you are his one constant in all of this. If anything it should just make the bond even stronger. :wink:

but we're missing something......can't quite put my finger on it.......oh dear my memory's not like it used to be.......

Oh wait a second, I've got it.............

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PHOTOS!:bounce::tongue:

So glad it all went well Nancy, I bet its so exciting to know you can just nip and see him now rather than it taking half a day to go and see him.

I hope they they like Rusty's collection of Apple Rugs...:dance:

My deepest apologies to NR - I didn't take any photos! Didn't even think about it but will take some of His Royal Highness in his new home. Can't wait to ride again. I think Rusty's apple and cupcake rugs will make those Arab mares there sit up and take notice (there are some seriously gorgeous horses at the new place).

newrider.com