Western Chaps anyone?

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
Anyone know any places on the web either in Europe, UK or even USA where postage isn't too expensive, that sells Western chaps (shotgun style, no fringe, brown leather, not suede) for people with short legs that don't cost the earth?

I'll be spending the day looking after searching for a few hours last night, before I bite the bullet and adjust the chaps I have that are selling for over 700 dollars on his FB page :eek:o_O

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Have you spoken to the likes of Fiona at the western shop and David at SQH? I suspect they would more likely just have show chaps tho. Are you really against suede? normal English full chaps are often suede but otherwise no different to western ones.

Reactions: No_Angel

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
I've looked on the western shop website and some other online western stores, ebay, amazon and the western sales groups on FB, but not found any leather ones so far. I def want leather ones, I had suede ones before and much prefer the leather.
I love the ones I have at the moment, I bought them from ebay, but they are too long for me really, I can adjust them myself, or send them to someone to be adjusted, but I am really worried about killing them. I googled the makers name and they are made in USA and are going for around 700 dollars. :eek: I would want some just like them if I get new ones.
I think I may have found a pair in Germany, not as nice as mine but an awful lot cheaper.

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I've looked on the western shop website and some other online western stores, ebay, amazon and the western sales groups on FB, but not found any leather ones so far. I def want leather ones, I had suede ones before and much prefer the leather.
I love the ones I have at the moment, I bought them from ebay, but they are too long for me really, I can adjust them myself, or send them to someone to be adjusted, but I am really worried about killing them. I googled the makers name and they are made in USA and are going for around 700 dollars. :eek: I would want some just like them if I get new ones.
I think I may have found a pair in Germany, not as nice as mine but an awful lot cheaper.
That's silly money, maybe have some made? my friend used to make rodeo chaps for less than a hundred quid and they were glitzy and tasseled, I would expect plain ones to be cheaper.

Reactions: TimmysMom

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
Well I decided to adjust my chaps myself :D It took 2 days for the person I contacted to get back to me and then the price for altering them was more than the chaps cost, so I watched a few more zip shortening vids on youtube and practiced on some other zips then bit the bullet and did it myself. :D

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
Worked out quite well, the zip shortening is easier than I thought it would be. I trimmed the bottom straight, instead of the dropped heel it did have (the dropped heel just tends to drag on the floor anyway) and used the extra I chopped off the bottom to make a matching back belt and added a rivet concho I had (they didn't come with a back belt and I added a biothane one of my own). I'll try and get some pics, raining badly again here at the moment.

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
My new sewing machine is great and sews through the leather :D Although I wish I'd rounded the ends on the back belt before adding the rivet concho, think it would have looked better.