Western-ish gift ideas wanted

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
I want to get a friend a present for her horse for Christmas. Not too expensive. I had thought a blingy browband (I know she's got Raf rhythm beads), but then had a thought that maybe there was some nice western gifty stuff that I know nothing about. She has a riding mare that she has just bought, rides English, who I was thinking the blingy browband for. But really I wanted to get my friend something for her rising three year old, which is the one that's going to be (probably) ridden western. He's coming in to start his training this winter so I thought it might be nice to get something for him to wear. I know nothing about Western styles so thought someone on here might be able to point me in the right direction?

A western headcollar. I was going to say split reins, but knowing how fussy I am on feel maybe not ;)

I was going to say rhythm beads!

There must be loads of things but I honestly can't think of the right thing... Blingy Western stuff tends to be so expensive... hmmmm *trots off to Google*

Oh there is tons :D For a baby what would you want.......A nice head collar would be good, I love the bronc halters, a shoo fly tassle, A western saddle cover, a lariat (lasso), there are also loads of western-y key rings etc out there, or every cowgirl needs a sweet belt buckle or a nice hat band :D I could go on for days! I order from these guys quite regularly, its a bit like the equestrian clearance of western :D http://www.chicksaddlery.com

There are so many things like Jessey mentioned
Do you specifically want it to go in the horse?
I kind of like the shoo fly tassle
There are a lot of lovely bridle/ breastcollar sets but
those are probably out of the price range..

Jessey I like chicks and horseloverz.com too

Reactions: Jessey
I have a western bridle I could let you have. I bought it for Mac when we were on holiday in Phoenix before Mac was delivered to us but it was much too small for him. It also comes with a bit. Apart from trying it on him it's never been used. I have a photo of it but I can't add it for some reason, I will have to be nice to OH and get him to sort it out for me.

Wow thanks guys, that's amazing. I will have fun looking at those sites tonight.

MAC - thanks for the offer. I'd love to see a pic. Not sure whether she has a bridle, I will make some discreet enquiries. Horse does have rather a large head - I'd say Full or XFull - but probably not as large as Mac's! Hope you're feeling ok and making some progress with the NHS.

Here are the photos of the bridle. It is a full size but just not big enough for Mac. Also I do have the throat latch for it but that didn't go round Mac's neck - the perils of having a shire cross !

Attachments

• halfsize1.jpg
    halfsize1.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 16
  • halfsize2.jpg
    halfsize2.jpg
    669 KB · Views: 16
Dont' worry about it ! We once put a cooker on ebay described it as blue and added several photos of it showing it as blue and then had people asking what colour it was.

Thanks so much @MAC66 but I have discovered by stealth that she has a bridle already. Thanks for the thought though, and it is lovely to see some pics of Mac, he is such a handsome boy and just looks so kind.

newrider.com