We've moved - thanks Wally

happyhacker101

Mar 19, 2007
scotland
Well, I decided to listen to what Wally had said on my previous post about loading/travelling the boys to livery :dance:

I held Archie whilst friend loaded Rocky - he really just loads himself so I knew they'd be ok, I remembered what Wally said and walked to the ramp with a "can do" attitude - Archie wasnt keen but with a few "come on boy, lets go" we had front feet on the ramp which were shortly followed by him walking in with me and letting me tie him up whilst hubby put the bar up and shut the ramp, I made a quick exit out the jockey door and off we went:biggrin:

Only three miles down the road to their temp home for the next couple of months - Archie was a bit wild eyed when I went to unload him - backed hime out like I said I would and he was fine

Rocky didnt want to leave his hay net but eventually unloaded and we walked them into their field - heads down to eat ...

Am really really pleased with how it all went today:biggrin:

Good for you. It takes balls and determination to shut off your fears and make what you want to happen actually happening. I bow down in awe at your achievement and hope to find some balls of my own one day!

I know that having confidence ourselves is half the battle, but i also know how it feels when you`re dreading something too, trying to make it be ok, when you`re worried silly is no easy achievement !!!

Well done you :biggrin:

I think poor Archie wondered where he was going to end up - I know for a fact that he was pushed from one home to another before I bought him :poop: He never got to stay in one home for very long, his previous owner loaned him out a couple of times and then shared him with others whenever he came back...

I went back down to the yard to check on them later on and despite Archies outwards calm appearance, he's like a bowl of jelly - poor horse. Jumping out of his skin at the slightest noise :poop: He's fine because he has Rocky to protect him from any monsters but I just feel sorry for him.

They can see other horses over the fence but they cant touch as there's another elec fence making them another 50ft apart - fine with me as this means they are sort of in isolation - they aren't stabled. It will also cut down on some of the grass that Rocky can eat:wink:

Just need to get the drainage done in my field at home and they can come home again

If i'd have asked Archie to load in a trailer three years ago - one of my limbs would have got broken:poop: Am so pleased that he trusted me enough to actually let me load him - I know that he wanted to be with Rocky which helped but I could tell that he now trusts me - that's a huge achievement for him and I :inlove:

Tis a big thing for me too as I hate being in small spaces with horses - cant even stand being in a stable with the door shut - so you can imagine just how big a deal for us both it was....

Now - lets see if I can do the same in reverse in two months time:happy:

WEll done. ....now I'll let you into a secret......it don't always work! :D :D :D but it's a good place to start.
Always start out believing you can shit bricks and perform miracles! Havig a bit of "HOW VERTY DARE YOU!" works in all walks of life

If I were to put a ight on and stop typing in the dark I might make sense

newrider.com