We've moved!

Lot1983

Oct 16, 2006
The Cotswolds
He was such a good boy, loaded nicely after stopping to sniff the ramp, was quite wound up travelling apparently (they had cctv) but it was a very windy day and he was travelling alone and leaving his friends.

Hens currently thinks he's died and gone to heaven as we haven't had this much grass since about mid August!

Sadly he's out on his own for a couple of days but if they seem ok together he'll be going in with two friends ASAP.

Went to feed him this evening and was FAB having him so close! :D Not only that but the total lack of mud is a novelty!

Most importantly, pictures:
HensWellinghill1.jpg

HensWellinghill2.jpg

HensWellinghill3.jpg

So relived to have him close to home and living out :D

How close is the yard to home?

Yard is 2 miles, field is 1.8 miles... much better than the 10 miles to the old yard! Should save me 800 miles of driving a month (for some reason last night I got confused and decided it couldn't possibly be 800 miles saving but it is! Whoop!)

Evidently the sedalin did have some effect on him, arrived this morning and he was grazing, turned the car around and he was cantering round the field whinnying, managed to settle him down with a treatball full of pony nuts and he hadn’t sweated under his rug so he hasn’t been doing it all night. Text YO to see how quickly he can go in with his friends, he’s going to confirm with the other owners but has warned me it’s not likely to be today. A couple of days on his own won’t kill him athough must be pretty unsettling to leave your friends and routine and not be able to touch anyone else (although he can see them). Good news is he doesn’t seem to be worried about the traffic :D

newrider.com