What a week, shetland pony excitement!

CharliesAngel

Jan 15, 2010
So for the past 3-4 weeks Ive had a horrible, annoying cough but tbh Ive felt ok in myself. I was due to go to the Royal Highland Show last Tues and stay until Sunday night and so typically, over the weekend I started to feel awful :( I managed to see the GP on Monday and got antibiotics and thought all would be well. (For anyone that doesn’t know, I breed standard Shetlands.)
I was determined to go, I was in the very, very fortunate position to go along with and help a top stud and just take along 1 of my ponies. Unfortunately as the week progressed I felt worse and worse :( It was an absolutely incredible experience and I learned so much. I am absolutely exhausted and was straight back at the GP on Mon to be told the chest infection I have is resistant to the antibiotics they gave me, so Im onto a different lot now. Can’t say I feel any better yet, Ive never coughed so much and still have a fever coming and going, euugh.

It was all so worth it though. Showing at the RHS has always been a dream and waking into the ring I had to take a hold of myself, the parades each day were incredible too. My 2 year old colt, Wells Grenadier was 2nd, I am SO proud :D My next dream is to take something home bred but my goodness that is a very, very long time off. It takes so long to achieve such quality.

GRHS_zpsmwzqafgw.jpg

GRHSros_zpsvuycdvof.jpg

Briea has now been off work for 2 weeks, I was meant to have a lesson tonight but I can’t even get off the sofa :(

Well done indeed, I do have a soft spot for a smart big black Shetland.

Thank you,hehe I’d never have guessed, it was seeing the Thordale lot initially through the blog a number of years ago that sparked my interest!

My Little Driving pony's Father was Wells Triumph. But sadly he did not inherit his father's quality, He was born with both legs down the same hole in his knickers
:D :D

Reactions: CharliesAngel
That colt is a very smart fellow, he'll mature into a right powerhouse

Nice to see a young colt looking so chilled and laid back in the ring too

thank you. I was quite nervous about having a colt at such a big show but his behaviour was so good, he paraded all 3 days as well. I was so proud of him. I’ve done a lot of ground work and handling with him but he’s just got a lovely nature, we love him to bits.

newrider.com