What about one of these

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
102548Following on from my thread about shelter for Ale, mainly from the sun when it gets above high 20s but something to protect against the winter elements would be a bonus too. What do you think about these?

I'm going to have another look tonight and see if I can't work something out with the trees as would save me alot of money!

Reactions: Trewsers
I wouldn’t waste money on one personally, the lady at the back of my house got similar for her alpacas, it’s first winter it flipped over in a storm so she moved it next to the fence for additional anchoring, the next storm it tore itself apart as it couldn’t actually go anywhere.

Yes i saw something similar after your thread the other day and thought about you. No experience myself.
You could get some met posts to put in the ground and some 3x3s timbers and 8x4 ply sheets. Either make a shelter with roof or just 3 sides so he could tuck behind.

We had something similar as a hangar for our aeroplane - it was absolutely roasting hot in summer (although it did have a back on which made it worse). We had no problems with the weather but the base posts were concreted in.

newrider.com