What colour is Tom?

Pigletsmum

Oct 4, 2008
I'm rubbish at these things so thought I'd see what others think....

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

What colour is he?

Brown then, or dark bay, its difficult because his mane looks black but tail looks brown, and then theres the pale nose, maybe we need a new catorgory?

I think a buckskin is a bay with a cream gene.....dunno I is not a genetics guru,

He's a gorgeous colour. It's harder to see his proper colour with him being clipped. His clipped bits look the same colour as our Jack, who is quite a dark bay, but Tom has more yellow in him. Although sometimes Jack looks as though he has a yellow base with black shading rather than looking a solid brown colour. Tom has got the light coloured muzzle and eyes though. What's the pony behind him in the first pic? I think Tom is that colour with a lot of brown hair mixed in!

I found this site which I thought would be really useful, but it ended up just confusing me more than ever as there are so many choices!

http://www.seaspiritoftheforest.co.uk/equine/HorseColoursAndMarkings.html#brownbuck

Hey Boddhi, it's Bracken behind him my NF . Think he's a dun although again I'm not sure if he has a dorsal stripe.....I'm not ver observant lol.

I would have said chocolate dun as my friend has a similar coloured Connemara who is called a chocolate dun. Then again Moët is called a dun but she is a buckskin as not got all the features of a dun.

But he is just lovely! Is he yours?

H Julie, thank you :)

Yes he is mine, he lives with Frankie and Bracken. He's five next year and is a complete star.

newrider.com