What colour tack do you prefer and why?

What colour tack do you prefer?

• Total voters

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I'm going to say black tack, although old bridle kicking around is brown! My hat and boots are brown so i dont exactly match! New saddle is black but i'm using brown pad. Sigh:-S

Black becuase it looks nice! dont do showing so it doesnt really matter what colour we wear!

Does synthetic come in brown? Only remember thorowgood coming in black? Its brown for showing that's about all i know and brown doesnt show the mud.

All my stuff for Flare is black because it looks nicer on him. I think there was a time when you'd be marked down for showing or jumping in any other colour than brown but even at county level there is less emphasis on this now.

Wintecs come in brown.

Ooooohhhhh dear, guess who the 'pink' voter is... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Actually for general purposes i think that black is smarter, or havana, depending on the colour of the horse :). For myself personally i looove silly coloured tack because it fits my personality and i like pink :eek: - but if someone saw me all kitted out totally in pink and thought 'what a mess' i wouldn't blame them :p! For horses in general, i think that black or havana looks best, but for me i prefer silly colours because i'm. . . well, silly!

I like black best it just seems to look so much smarter but saying that i have brown tack and i seem to wear brown jods, chaps and other riding stuff so i guess we look better in brown as a pair

I prefer havana, but the saddle that fitted Salsa was black. My saddlefitter came with a selection and I was praying for the brown one :D but the black was the best fit and I love that saddle, so he's in black.
If it's ever worth getting a dressage saddle, or if his GP saddle needs replacing, I'm going to go on the hunt for a brown one, but realistically it's more important that his tack fits.

Does synthetic come in brown? Only remember thorowgood coming in black? Its brown for showing that's about all i know and brown doesnt show the mud.

Yup, all my stuffs synthetic and all my stuffs brown.:D I have a thorowgood T4 saddle :)
I prefer brown on Willow as she suits it more yet I prefer black on my sisters fell so it is all down to the horse but its always between those two. I don't like havana and I think having a random colour will get to sickly after a while (nice on someone elses horse, just not mine :p)

I've always tended to go for black but I do also like very dark brown. Ernie is dapple grey n I think would not suit brown so he wears black. I know that brown is "correct" but I do prefer him in black. He wears a variety of colour saddlecloths but black girth and boots too.

newrider.com