What Did You Post This Time Last Year? :)

I posted that I jumped Ale over a 2ft9 jump and he was great, slightly sad that we may not jump again but he is doing fab so can't complain.

Also posted that I wasnt enjoying work, what else is new haha.

Least only falling off once a year isn't bad!

I think I recall that post.
Mine won't jump that, too heavily built but 2'6 would be fun. :)

I posted about having to do my annual burr removal from the hedge side of our field before letting Flipo in there as he gets them stuck in his forelock and mane and it's a killer to get them out. Last year I managed to get them stuck in my ponytail and had to drive to my parents house to get my mum to get them all out!
About to go do the same thing this weekend....god I'm a creature of habit!

Nothing.... coz my membership had lapsed! :p

But according to FB I was complaining about feeling the cold because I was three stone lighter, delighting because I'd fitted into a pair of size 8 jeans.... and I'd baked a cake! :)

just been to look - i posted about bumping into my OH's ex-boss at the yard and her going absolutely mental at me! i have only seen them about 3 times since that encounter (they bought the daughter another horse but kept it at a diff yard), they have since blanked me totally which is perfect!

just been to look - i posted about bumping into my OH's ex-boss at the yard and her going absolutely mental at me! i have only seen them about 3 times since that encounter (they bought the daughter another horse but kept it at a diff yard), they have since blanked me totally which is perfect!

I remember that!!!!

I wasn't on here last year, but a year ago Bo was very lame with his hock after having a steriod injection and having a massive reaction to it, we lost him a few days after :(

I wasn't on here last year, but a year ago Bo was very lame with his hock after having a steriod injection and having a massive reaction to it, we lost him a few days after :(

Aw that's a shame. Was he allergic? Did he have it because of arthritis or a spavin?

Aw that's a shame. Was he allergic? Did he have it because of arthritis or a spavin?

He had a bone spavin, which I knew he would eventually get as we found indicators on X-rays years ago, my then vet said just bute him through the fusion and all would be well so I wasn't worried. My now vet said steroids was the way to go and I agreed to have the joint injected, he had a massive allergic reaction to it, joint flare, we battled it for about 10 days, had 3 lots of X-rays monitoring it and the prognosis was very guarded for the hock as the flare caused chunks of bone to start breaking off one of which was under the tendon, then he went down with colic which we fought all day but it never totally resolved and was from the high doses of pain killers combined with lack of movement so the possibility of it getting worse or reoccurring, even if we could work through the night to resolve it, were high and I couldn't bear the thought of him suffering so we said goodbye.

Nothing on here but like Domane, I posted on FB and I was apparently on a full on whinge about the trains (as was I the year before that too!)

He had a bone spavin, which I knew he would eventually get as we found indicators on X-rays years ago, my then vet said just bute him through the fusion and all would be well so I wasn't worried. My now vet said steroids was the way to go and I agreed to have the joint injected, he had a massive allergic reaction to it, joint flare, we battled it for about 10 days, had 3 lots of X-rays monitoring it and the prognosis was very guarded for the hock as the flare caused chunks of bone to start breaking off one of which was under the tendon, then he went down with colic which we fought all day but it never totally resolved and was from the high doses of pain killers combined with lack of movement so the possibility of it getting worse or reoccurring, even if we could work through the night to resolve it, were high and I couldn't bear the thought of him suffering so we said goodbye.

Oh that must have been very traumatic. How unlucky to react like that. Our Joe had steroidal injections and was fine, they kept him reasonably sound for a good few years.
I always worry whenever the vets point out risks - last time Storm had her hock injections I was watching her like a hawk for days afterwards.

PL you are always whinging about trains :p Don't blame you though, they are always shite!

I don't know what I posted here last year cos the search function is only finding my posts as far back as this July. I'm sure you used to be able to look up a list of all your posts and subscribed threads? But what I do know is that this time last year I had just got back from Portugal where I'd gone to meet Annie - though I didn't discuss her on here because it was going to be a secret ;)

I just looked on Facebook too, I didn't post anything on the 12th, but the weekend of the 13th/14th was a really rubbish weekend for me - out showjumping we were eliminated on the Saturday and I retired on the Sunday, it was a tough period and my showjumping confidence was at an all-time low. One year on and I am proud to say it is currently on an all-time high :D

I just went to my profile page and then selected postings, scrolled to the bottom and selected 'all threads' then went back through them looking at the date I posted them...

I'm glad you put this thread up because I had no idea how to search for previous posts. I've now found out that last year I was posting about something I'd been thinking about recently, just because I like thinking about horse colours! I love this horse.

http://www.newrider.com/community/threads/what-colour-is-this-pretty-horse.239407/

Now I look at it again though I'm wondering what it's got on its head - it seems to have quite an unusual bit.

newrider.com