What do people pay for full livery in Surrey?

Jilly

Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
Just wondering ....a search on google seems to show only the very posh (and expensive) yards.

If there is such a thing as a bog standard (well almost, a school would be nice) yard offering FL, how much would they charge a week?

Hi Jilly

When you say full livery, I assume you mean everything included, including riding, tack cleaning etc.

Where I am, charges are:

£28 p/w DIY (so stable only, plus grazing)
£7.00 per day muck out
£3.50 turn out and bring in
£10 - lunging
£15 - riding

I'm sure there's more, but off the top of my head I can't remember!

We have a large sand school (recently built) year round turnout, and very helpful YO's, two of which are farriers!

I know of several yards where part livery starts at around £65-70 per week - not including riding, tack cleaning etc.

I pay £75 a week just over the border in West Sussex. That includes everything, except an extra £30 a month I pay for shavings - straw is free. The countryside is fantastic for hacking.

Hi Paula

I keep my horse in Chessington/Claygate. The woman that owns my yard teaches, so I have lessons from her! Nice and easy!!

Its not a riding school, just a livery yard. The costs I've listed are livery charges, not lesson costs i.e. if you want your horse exercised by the yard owner, she charges £10 to lunge your horse or £15 to ride it - normally for 1/2 hr to an hour, depending on what you want her to do.

newrider.com