What do you clean your tack with?

Peanut

Aug 1, 2005
Just wonder what you all think is the best tack cleaner. I use the Belvoir saddle soap bar (with spit, never water!) which doesn't do a bad job but maybe there's something better out there?

to get the grease off, heat some flexalan up and use a small paint brush, then rub with a sponge cloth to make sure its clean. after that i use carr & day martin - breknell and turner saddle soap (on rideaway) with luke warm water (but very little, just to get the sponge damp) this gets rid of any excess oil and gives a sheen.

A hose pipe:rolleyes: Its all synthetic! If aI get carried away, sometimes it goes in the washing machine... not the saddle though!

Mwahaha a wet cloth - synthetic saddle ;) But with the leather saddles I use belvoir roll on.

Stubben stuff and finish off with Hamanol .... gorgeous :)

Quick tip though ... show shine makes it look nice but isn't so good to ride on afterwards :eek: (cleaned my saddle with show shine half an hour before my lesson once by mistake ..... ).

uh.. teeny bit of water with well-diluted washing up liqiud to get the worst of the grease and grime off, then neatsfoot oil.

newrider.com