What do you put in yours?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Anyone do their own museli?
If not, what brands do you like?

I am going to cheat tomorrow and get some from the health food shop.

So what do you add?
Just looking for ideas.

I get the luxury muesli from lidl's. They do a tropical fruit one and a nut/raisin one. I always prefer the tropical one as it has a little more variety. I also buy a granola one too, then I have a bit of both in the bowl. Most muselis I find a bit plain so I have brought banana chips, dates, diced up tropical fruit mix, nut mix previously to add. Some people add goji berries. You can also add sunflower/pumpkin seeds. They are only little packs and always very expensive for what you get in a pack.
I also bought some different cereal to try from home bargains which was cinnamon squares so I've been chucking a handful of that on the museli too. Other mornings I have museli and chop up fresh fruit like banana, clementines, grapes or add a spoon of natural yoghurt.
Last week I had chopped up watermelon and added museli.

I get the seeds loose at the moment, a lot cheaper than pre packed.
I am thinking of the plain yoghurt as oppose to milk.

Nuts, chopped apple, bit of grated carrot, berries and seed, drizzle of honey if I'm in a sweet mood - always have mine with milk and make it first thing, shove it in the fridge and then it's nicely soggy by lunchtime (I think it's 'Bircher museli' when it's done like that). Oh and a bit of grated nutmeg or cinnamon if i have any in.

Reactions: newforest
I do overnight museli, chuck in whatever I have around but my favourite is with blueberries, apple, almond, plain Greek yoghurt, cinnamon & honey.

I can't eat museli anymore. I ate my own bodyweight in it, when we lived in the caravan. "shudders". I have bad flash backs to bowl after bowl of the darn stuff. Sorry! :oops:

Well I bought something called. "organic museli deluxe" and it looks like a horse cereal without the molasses. :)

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com