What does everyone think...?

Jenni Addams

Jun 20, 2007
Angus, Scotland
Of this plait. Doing a charity turnout class (judged on neatness and cleanliness only) and last year a showed him natural and i was beaten by two cobs who were all done up. So i'm planning to doll him up this year coz it'll be our last show together.

DSC01122.jpg

and also his tail...

DSC01124.jpg

I'll have to gel down the short bits at the top. His field mate chews and hangs on to his tail!

What does everyone think? My YO (also Barneys owner) thinks i should plait the bits between the weave... if that makes sense!

Awww - he looks lovely.

Don't think plaiting the bits between the weave would make it any better - I like it the way you've done it IMO.

When's the class?

The show's in August. It's at the Riding for the Disabled so quite a lot of the horses are cobby types. Barney doesn't have the best markings ever so i have to try to show off something else about him...not sure what though. We're doing inhand turnout, ridden turnout, 1ft, 2ft, and 3ft. Jumping is fine, he enjoys it.

Also, need a bit of advice as of how to kindly say no. My friend rides at the RDA but she's not physically disabled. She rode at a normal riding school with me when we were younger. She can't do the 3ft class with the RDA horses and she keeps dropping hints at doing on Barney. He unseats her whenever she has a shot at jumping him and
a) i don't want either of them to get hurt. I really don't think she could jump 3ft on him.
b) This is my last show with him, I have to give him up in september coz i go to uni. And i want it to be something special. As horrible as it sounds, i don't want to share him with anyone.

Finally, last year, she wouldn't speak to me when i was there coz she was with her other friends. I don't want Barney to be a tool in her showing off to her friends.

always a hard one

I'd go with the modified truth

if it was ANY other time, of course I'd let you but its my last show with him so I just need it to be him and me as our final goodbye

and if she doesn't get that, then she's no friend - sorry to be blunt but you are more than entitled to something special that's yours

just say 'sorry but i've allready enterd me and barney'
or 'sorry but emmm i kinda really want to ride barney'

sorry bet that was absalutly no help

Ever time she mentions it i just joke that he'll be to tired and that we've both already entered. But she's like 'I'll can just tell L that i'm riding Bars. We don't need to fill out another form. He won't be too tired.'

I think she's just desperate coz L (instructer) told her that if she could find a horse to do it on, then she could do the 3ft. But barney isn't the horse...she just doesn't seem to want to believe that.

I've only ever done 3ft on him once, at that show last year. So he doesn't practice it. We don't have a good surface for jumping high. We only practice about 2ft 8 max. She's only done about 2ft on him...which ended with her sprawled stirrupless on his neck!

newrider.com