What have you all got your horses for christmas?

Petes had an advent calander & Christmas Pudding flavoured treats.

On the day he'll have a stocking filled with treats like apples, polo's and a bag of hedgerow flavoured horse treats.

Not sure if I have any presents that will be for him ... it'll be a surprise on Christmas Day if I do!

We have a new arrival, but I keep telling her he isn't going in her stocking!! Don't you dare bring yourself into season in hope!

New reins she didn't need but I wanted to move on/ forward from our level if that's the word I want.

People have said does she " know" it is Christmas. Well the yard has a tree, our routes have trees and bushes with lights on, stockings and a snowman. The yard is busy, so yes I reckon she associates it with fusses and tourists.

Nothing. They're horses and don't know about Christmas. Its cheaper that way! If he's lucky, Jack will get the carrot and parsnip scrapings in his feed on Xmas day!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I'm the sad person that actually wraps presents for my horses and I even put gift tags on them :rolleyes:Then we open them together in the morning :p This year they've got a likit selection box each, more treats, fibre blocks and new head collars. Yes I am completely nuts o_O

Nothing but a bucket of love for Belle this year.
For the first time in 7 yes I haven't made gifts for all the horses on the yard either.
I don't think Belle will mind though. :)

Reactions: orbvalley
Old mother Trewsers (my mum) gave OH and me money from santa this year so Stormy is getting equilibrium magnetic boots to aid her tendon and on going arthritis issues so that is her pressie sorted!
Chloe will be getting digestive biscuits, carrots, braeburns and swede.
Storm has got polos, carrots and braeburns.
Depending on weather conditions between Christmas and New Year we'll be hopefully visiting the local feed merchants and both girlies will be having new leadropes and maybe some other bits and pieces as they have some Christmas money to spend too! Lol

Haha my guys xmas is being spent on ongoing vets bills, they ought think themselves lucky if they get a bag of carrots :p

Tell me about it! I've just settled our last bill of £180 - got another due in the New Year which will be pretty similar. Ah well, who needs new clothes / makeup / money for anything else?!:p

Reactions: Jessey
I'm the sad person that actually wraps presents for my horses and I even put gift tags on them :rolleyes:Then we open them together in the morning :p This year they've got a likit selection box each, more treats, fibre blocks and new head collars. Yes I am completely nuts o_O

Aw I love it!!!!:D

Old mother Trewsers (my mum) gave OH and me money from santa this year so Stormy is getting equilibrium magnetic boots to aid her tendon and on going arthritis issues so that is her pressie sorted!
Chloe will be getting digestive biscuits, carrots, braeburns and swede.
Storm has got polos, carrots and braeburns.
Depending on weather conditions between Christmas and New Year we'll be hopefully visiting the local feed merchants and both girlies will be having new leadropes and maybe some other bits and pieces as they have some Christmas money to spend too! Lol

Oh let me know how you get on with the boots?
Tell me about it! I've just settled our last bill of £180 - got another due in the New Year which will be pretty similar. Ah well, who needs new clothes / makeup / money for anything else?!:p
Yeah.. at the moment I don't bother settling the account. More slowly paying of the tab ;)

Reactions: Trewsers
OK so I have to admit to stealing @Ale's idea from last year and have brought little bags to put out for all my friends horses along the lane, but in my defense that's really a little token to the humans not the neddies :p
The owners will love it!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com