What is this lump? :(

G

Guest 2

Attachments

• DSC00847.jpg
    DSC00847.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to tell from the pic, I've never heard of the swelling coming through on the other side, and it looks too far back for a jab anyway, my guess would have been a flybite but if it's not sore or itchy, that's a bit odd. Could she have bashed herself, perhaps when rolling or something? Or been kicked? Again, you'd expect it to be a bit sore but I'm clutching at straws here! Unless it has vanished (or reduced very much) by morning I think I would ask the vet to have a look. Let us know what happens, very interesting

My pony has got a lump :(
I have attached a picture it looks huge on the picture but it isn't that big in real life.
When she had her second jab she had a lump on the other side which was similar and I didn't ride and it went down, but it seems to have come out onto the other side not sure how and it hasn't gone down.
Its a hard muscly lump, does not cause her pain, it isn't itchy.
The saddle isn't on it so that isn't a problem

I was thinking maybe it could have been a horse fly bite that went wrong? As I had one similar size but it was itchy and went down.

It hasn't caused her any pain. I did ring the vet when it was on the other side and he said it should go down.

I don't know what it is, what do you think?

She had just been sponged down in the pic by the way
If it doesn't go down anymore I think I will have to have the vet out

if that was my horse id insist the vet came out and checked it.hope she ok x

newrider.com