what is your best ever rug for NOT rubbing shoulders

TBH I have never found a rug that doesnt rub.

I bought a vest this year as I hate the way a rubbed horse looks.

I would invest in a bib. I got one for £8 in the robinsons catalogue/website

Nikki xxxx

Last year I used a weatherbeeta bib and still got rubs! The ill fitting weatherbeeta taka freestyle heavyweight didnt help though....funnily enough the day after I bought it I read a review in Your Horse or something where the tester had an ID x with big shoulders, and said it slipped back and rubbed his shoulders. Had I read it 2 days before I would never have bought the bloody thing, though it is great in terms of quality for a horse it fits!

I thought I might try a thicker quilted bib.

Everything seems to slip back until it gets tight on the shoulders though - I wonder if I need to get one that has fixings higher up the neck so that the neck takes the strain not the shoulders, but then i would be worried about him feeling strangled, especially when grazing!

Hi,
I use a bucas buffalo. My horse has v v high withers and always gets rubbed. This rug has a full neck so you can either fasten it (and it comes up to their ears), or leave it folded back in which case it means their neck is not covered but there are also no seams to rub their shoulders or withers. Its an outdoor rug but I use it as an indoor as everything else rubs her (she got wither evil from a rug once )
http://www.holmesteadsaddlery.com/product.php?maincatid=37

With one of the bigger mares I used to use a 'bra' under her rug and it stopped rubbing they are a fleece thing that covers her shoulders and chest you put it on over their head they are only about 20 euro cheaper than a new rug

newrider.com