What showing classes shall i enter for???

teddypony

I will be going to my first show with my horse in 3 weeks time, as it is our first we are just going to do a couple of showing classes to see how she behaves, what do you think she would do best in? I dont know about confirmation so im not sure about doing best ridden because our judges are very particular about their horses. She is 17years old, 15.1hh 3/4 tb and 1/4 new forest. Forward going and lovely paces (ive been told) but needs more work on bend so i think some dressage is out of the window :p[/ATTACH]
Sorry if pics big, please ignore me, and she does work in an outline, 2nd is a pic when i first got her when she was little stiff but dont have anything better. Comments welcome:D
o she is also a bit fat, i dont know how either!!!!

Attachments

• P6060860.jpg
    P6060860.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 3
  • P8210679.jpg
    P8210679.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 9
She looks fantastic - definately one to try showing with.

To me she looks like a hack type, but you get very few of those classes at local level, so go for Riding Horse instead (or Ridden Horse). Veterans are a good suggestion too. You could also do things like equitation, and riding club horse classes if she'll jump a small jump.

I really like her and she wouldn't be out of place in any of our local showing classes, definately veteran ( and possibly affiliated as it is all about condition) and RC horse if she jumps.

If you are new to showing as well what about doing a Tack and Turnout just to get into the ring and see how she behaves and then try Ridden/Riding Horse

newrider.com