What size/breed horse would I fit?

x.Moomoo.x

Apr 28, 2009
South West
What size/breed horse do you think I could ride/fit comfortably? :eek:

Bit of a random question that's not reaaally important but I'm curious as I am tall! Grrr!

I'm about 5'10/11 and weigh 9 stone.

This is a pic of me and my loan horse taken yesterday on a hack! She is 15.3hh roughly - I think I fit her okay... (sorry it's so big on here :eek:)

CIMG2685.jpg

Any lovely people's advice/suggestions very appreciated :D thankyou!

She looks a great size for you (your stirrups look quite short but I think she would still take up your leg with them down a few holes):)

With a chunkier horse you could probably go smaller, and could go taller with a thin set or chunky set horse:)

I'm also a tall girl - I'm 6'2" tall!! I own a 4yo ISH x Holsteiner who currently stands at about 16.3hh and I look fine on her.

I'd say anything from 15.2hh upwards and of a widdleweight type, but I know of taller people who feel comfortable on smaller horses - it's all down to personal preference really

She looks a great size for you (your stirrups look quite short but I think she would still take up your leg with them down a few holes):)

With a chunkier horse you could probably go smaller, and could go taller with a thin set or chunky set horse:)

I tend to have my stirrups a hole or 2 shorter just because I feel better riding short :eek: not sure why, but just feels more comfortable :) thanks for your reply!

Anything over 14.2 if it was a chunky pony/coblet or a finer type that took up your leg. You could possibly go all the way down to 13hh IF you took your stirrups down as well - Wally has some great pictures of 6ft guys on 13.2hh Icelandics :)

newrider.com