What W of solar panel.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I see that you can get solar trickle battery chargers in 5w 10w and 25w

I'm still going to charge my battery regularly was just wondering the cheapest I can get away with as the 5w is only £12

Sadly the one I was using before got lost in the move and I'm now using my batteries again so thought it was time to reinvest

5w is adaquate in better weather, but I rely on mine so upgraded to a 25w to ensure I had enough juice over the winter months too. If you go for 20w plus you will need to get a charge controller as well, without it your solar panel can have too big of an output on a really sunny day and fry your battery.

5w is adaquate in better weather, but I rely on mine so upgraded to a 25w to ensure I had enough juice over the winter months too. If you go for 20w plus you will need to get a charge controller as well, without it your solar panel can have too big of an output on a really sunny day and fry your battery.
Thank-you this is really helpful, think I'll just go for a low w one :)

Reactions: Jessey
Mines a 7W and I haven't had to charge my battery at all since I put it on. I don't have a huge fence line though and Belle is very respectful of it.

It's impressive that you were considering solar trickle battery chargers six years ago. Revisiting this topic shows your continued interest in finding cost-effective solutions for keeping your batteries charged. The 5W option for £12 sounds like a great deal, and it's commendable that you're still mindful of regularly charging your battery.
If you're considering upgrading or exploring newer solar solutions, solar panel installers ireland is a valuable resource. They can offer updated advice and guide you towards the best options for your needs.

Last edited:
newrider.com