What's everyone up to this weekend then?

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
Just a nosey thread from me - I love hearing what everyone is up to at the weekends :D

I've been very lucky & had a 3 day weekend, starting Friday.

I went to Hickstead yesterday, as it's just down the road from us. We watched a few showing classes - I particularly enjoyed the M&Ms as I have a NF myself, a couple of the big speed jumping classes, ate too much, did far too much shopping & topped up my tan nicely. I only went needing a leadrope. I came back with a new stable plaque for Pete, Dublin Pinnacle boots for me, a grazing muzzle, Joules & Toggi sleeveless t-shirts, two bottles of mane & tail spray as it was on a show offer, a tail guard for travelling, long riding socks & said leadrope ... Oops! Having spent do much money in the day, I thought it was wise to decline drinks in London in the evening, so exercised Pete, cleaned my tack & spent the evening watching some more of my DVD box set.

I was going to ride today for the first time since Pete's had laminitis, but it was pouring down with rain & he was rather fresh so I popped him over some jumps on the lunge instead. He went out in the field whilst I did my chores & watched my friend have a lesson.

I'm home now stewing in fake tan as I'm out tonight for dinner & drinks - but will pop back to see Pete to give him some more time in the field & muck out. Again ...

Tomorrow - I've got nothing planned, yet. I'm going to try and ride tomorrow - but the weather forecast isn't looking great! Unless other plans come up &/or the weather improves, it might be a lazy day at home in between horsey jobs.

What about the rest of you?!

Wow that was some shopping!!!:D Well I'm going to tack up in ten minutes whilst OH prepares lunch. Just going to have a pootle in the school as the builders only worked until lunch time today, its rather quiet. Got to move a piece of furniture out of the tack room and put it into one of the empty stables as the house is chaos right now! Sainos are due with my shopping later and OH has made a bird curry for later on. Yum. Will be partaking of some weak lager too!!! I have July's Horse and Rider mag to read so looking forward to that. Not exactly a wild time eh?!!! Hehehee. Tomorrow pretty much similar but with a pile of tee shirt ironing (yeah, I do iron them, OH thinks its a waste of time!). Oh and I'll no doubt be pulling more nettles up - they are taking over around the field edges!

Today hacked out sporting the new dreadlocks :D It really does keep her cool, its just the plaiting process sends her to sleep. Note the plaits ;) We did 5.5 miles and only one fell out.
IMG_20140628_143215.jpg
Tomorrow its her day off, we trim feet, tidy feathers, check tail, pamper, fuss and photograph. Depending how busy we are I may play some golf. I have got a set of clubs, just hitting the ball would be a start. I havent played for yonks!

My new reins arrived and I am itching to try them. They are for my halter so need to wait until I am jumping then I can test them out fully.

Worked today, quickly popping back to the yard tonight to turn him back out. Then home for a 3 mile run in the rain!

Tomorrow working again and if the weather holds ale is having a photo session with my brothers friend in the evening!

Had a horsey friend up from England so we took a couple of horses to the beach last night and had an absolute ball. Got to take both horses for a gallop, one was my friend's cob Arnie who I haven't ridden for about 3 years and another is Zara, a lovely big horse who I've never sat on before but she was very comfortable, just like a great big cantering sofa.

Today we met up again near where I keep Rubic. We were going to go out a hack with a huge group of us on horses but my friend's jeep overheated so she couldn't tow Arnie and Zara over but I had borrowed Honey to hack out on, I got to our meeting point (another friend's house) and they were tacking up another 2 horses and then another 2 friends arrived with their horses and we had a lovely walk down the cycle track. I left them as we passed my yard and they continued for a bit longer I think!

When I got back to the yard I gave Honey a bit of a wash down because she had sweaty bits (it was fairly warm and dry this morning) and itchy bits (she has sweet itch) and put her back out. I was going to get Rubic and I noticed that one of the cows in the field had just had a calf so I let the farmer know, it is so cute watching them when they have just been born! Got Rubic in and tried on a pair of hoof boots I'd borrowed from a friend and they seemed to fit perfectly so we went a little walk down the lane and back up. Rubic was much happier because she didn't keep getting jagged from the stones so it was a nice walk. I came home via McDonalds... oops!

Tonight I've got karaoke in the same pub as last week. I start at 9:15 so I am going to have a nap (because I'm knackered after all this horse riding... I ride once a week at the most for ages then suddenly I'm riding loads in only a couple of days!) and then get washed and ready etc.

Tomorrow I'm helping out at the riding club clear rounds so another busy day!

Worked today, quickly popping back to the yard tonight to turn him back out. Then home for a 3 mile run in the rain!

Tomorrow working again and if the weather holds ale is having a photo session with my brothers friend in the evening!

Running in the rain - you put me to shame! I always gib out of going for a walk in it.....

[QUOTE="Trewsers, post: 2926830, member: 8030saddle bag dreads!:D I must learn to plait my hair like that!!! Lucky you having nice weather, it's turned wet and chilly here:confused:[/QUOTE]

We did have rain as I took my jacket in my saddle bag. I stopped to talk to a chap and grandson we see most weeks. Her non eating pitstop.

Lovely long hack today testing out Dolly's new bit - happily she loves it so that is that sorted. Another long one in the morning, great big roast beef dinner that Oh will cook whilst I am out, and then a nice lazy afternoon followed by a good long walk with the dogs. Perfect weekend, I know how to live it up!:D

Lovely long hack today testing out Dolly's new bit - happily she loves it so that is that sorted.

ooh, what's that then. See, the great thing about this forum is I remember the trouble you were having-not word for word lol I am no stalker. I sold you a bit to try out. :)

Reactions: Cortrasna
We didn't quite have the stopping power we needed in the one I had from you NF, so then I had her in a happy mouth hanging cheek french link and she absolutely loved it and went well in it. BUT - within 3 weeks it had split all along the mould line, so I won't be getting one of those again. I have just bought and tried her in the Shires hanging cheek sweet iron with copper lozenge, too small for her and she kept trying to get her tongue over the damn thing.

So not to be defeated I then bought a hanging cheek Waterford. Brilliant bit of kit, she is happy and settled in it and goes like a dream on a very soft contact. Perfect! Strangely when I put it in her mouth she had no reaction, nor did we spend the first two miles pulling faces and 'testing' it out as is her usual way with new ones. (Can't you tell I have tired many different ones!:rolleyes:) I have the feeling this is not the first time she has been ridden in a Waterford of some sort, I wonder was she hunted in one? I honestly can't believe the happy mouth snaffle she came with would have held her out with the crowd, she does get very excited cross country and at speed. But now we are both happy again so off we go again trying to canter across fields without falling over!:D

Today was a show day for my boss and a couple of liveries. Tomorrow I am taking Mouse and Annie to their second clear round jumping show :D

Reactions: newforest
Just a nosey thread from me - I love hearing what everyone is up to at the weekends :D

I've been very lucky & had a 3 day weekend, starting Friday.

I went to Hickstead yesterday, as it's just down the road from us. We watched a few showing classes - I particularly enjoyed the M&Ms as I have a NF myself, a couple of the big speed jumping classes, ate too much, did far too much shopping & topped up my tan nicely. I only went needing a leadrope. I came back with a new stable plaque for Pete, Dublin Pinnacle boots for me, a grazing muzzle, Joules & Toggi sleeveless t-shirts, two bottles of mane & tail spray as it was on a show offer, a tail guard for travelling, long riding socks & said leadrope ... Oops! Having spent do much money in the day, I thought it was wise to decline drinks in London in the evening, so exercised Pete, cleaned my tack & spent the evening watching some more of my DVD box set.

Me too.. Well a 2.5 day weekend and went down to Hickstead for the afternoon, picked up a new fly mask, a new rug (pink and purple stars...!) some shampoo, some new leadropes... And not much i actually went looking for!

Went on a geology field trip today, did think i was a little bit mad to go out in the rain this morning to look at some rocks with some old men!

Rubic, was that Nina, who came to see you? :)

Dom and I usually ride Saturday and Sunday but today I said that we really ought to make a start on some of the things I have planned for the yard this summer. A few weeks ago, YO had some trees felled in my fields so he now has an abundance of logs for the winter and a lot of them have been temporarily stored in my winter field shelter. There is a store room at the end of my bottom field shelter which has no roof so I suggested that we could roof it for him, if he gets the materials, then we can move all the logs into it. Dom and I decided to attack it today - it had a massive ivy growing on it and was filled with bits of barbed wire, bricks, broken glass and dead leaves.... as well as a "carpet" of ivy roots, but now it is completely empty.

Also started measuring up to convert the far end of Boo's 25' stable into a feed store.... and started work on converting an old pallet into a new yard gate, instead of just the slide-rail I've had for the past two years....

Tomorrow we'll probably go for a three-hour hack to make up for the fact we didn't get out today.....

She is, isn't she? Met her many moons ago when we did the first NR mass "geek meet". I bought Albi's FlexEE from her too.

She is, isn't she? Met her many moons ago when we did the first NR mass "geek meet". I bought Albi's FlexEE from her too.

I have been to one nr meet, back in the day when we could get about twelve together.

I've met a lot of good horsey friends from NR. In fact it was an NR friend that was the key to getting Rubic. :)

Reactions: PePo
newrider.com