Whats more fun? Hacking out or competing.

both! i love pootling about singing to myself, but also enjoy the adrenalin and ritual of competing. if i had to choose one and never do the other, hacking would win hands down, but i do like getting rosettes!

for me it's got to be hacking. Having spent every weekend for 5 years and more competing when i was a kid i was glad to 'retire'!! was very competitive back then, but i'm not anymore. Having said that, am in the process of buying a registered welsh whom it would be a crime not to show so we will be dabbling in that next season (transport permitting).

I love my hacking out, however I am very keen to compete. I have only done one jumping competition and it was my first time competing. I was on a total high afterwards so am really keen to do more, however Sam and I have only been together 3 months and we are going to work towards competing more next year :)

Nothing can beat hacking on a horse that enjoys it in some of the finest, most peaceful countryside on offer. I can imagine it'd be stressful if your horse didn't enjoy it, but on one that really likes getting out and about and isn't going to spook at everything thats slightly different from last time, it's the best thing ever!

My first share pony taught me the joy of hacking. We didn't go for long hacks at all, but as soon as he stepped out of the yard he would really walk out and he was a completely different pony to the dead and unresponsive fellow you got if you tried to school. His ears would prick up and he'd really march forwards and he just made me see how exciting and enjoyable hacking can be. He completely loved hacking, more than even his food perhaps, and he really passed that mindset on to me too. Thank you Lucky!

Competing definitly. Hacking looses it's thrill when you have to do it every day since you don't have anything else you can do (no school)

Im with I want to win Im afraid :D It all boils down to when I was at school I used to be on the atheletics and my coach used to drum it into me at the start....no one remembers a second :( its just stuck from there, Im not happy unless I come away with something, feels like Ive acieved something then :)

Happy Hacker, I used to enjoy compeating ( driving trials) but I like to pleasure drive now, aswell as driving commercially at work..and hacking to simply unwind ..I can hack for miles..I love finding new routes etc! ( until a dead end comes up!!)

newrider.com