Whats on your christmas wish list?

Oooh good thread!
On my list:
Socks (lots and lots, there must be a sock eating monster because I NEVER have enough pairs!)
Pimple palm gloves (same reason as above)
Woollen hats (same as above)
Soap - love soap and don't seem to find much these days, everyone has liquid
Jodphurs - lol can't have enough pairs
A new bed throw, got my eye on a soft teddy feel one in cream
Boot trees - sick of my long ones flapping over and now Mr T has some the tack room sends my ocd into over drive!
Sheets masks - love love these and would love to try more different ones for different facial needs
Torches - would love another two and another led light to hang in the barn
Candles - what's not to love???
The new Shardlake novel - can't believe he has written another (if you haven't read the others in the series you are missing out!)

Reactions: Jessey
Mum has bought me 6 large bales of haylage and dad is paying December's livery for Rhan so I'm extremely happy and lucky with that and its things that are very "useful" to me.

We have the last few years made sure to get things we know eachother needs as there has been so much waste over the years for us all. We get eachother a large present then we do a stocking style bag for eachother. We love those and fill it with essentials like toiletries and a couple of treats such as perfume for mum.

Dad has got a Planer off me this year and mum has got some loveky new waterproof leather country boots for walking the dogs.

My essentials list is usually new knickers and socks and toiletries. I don't really want or need much for myself as such aprat from candles i love candles.I'm not a clothes or drinking person. it's always for the horses, dog and sheep.

I have said I'd like a solar floodlight kit but again it's for the field! Usually the rest of the family just put money in my card and then I get a particular thing and say this is what you bought me. It tends to be easier that way as they don't know what I need or would like for the field and they aren't big online shoppers but I always make sure I use the money to buy something i can show them rather than it wittle away.

I have made hampers for all my family this year. I have just got my kids to shop for now and am waiting for black Friday deals.

I don't really want anything for Christmas, I just want my boys to have a good time and to spend some time with my family. If I had to pick something I guess I would like some textbooks for my college course as they are really expensive!

Nothing at all, that sounds horrible doesn’t it but there really isn’t anything I want.
So not much help there Jessey - sorry.

Nothing at all, that sounds horrible doesn’t it but there really isn’t anything I want.
So not much help there Jessey - sorry.
That's kind of how I feel but know mum will hate that, and then she will go and spend an extortionate amount of money on something I will never use and be upset when I am not overcome with excitement at receiving it, so best to just think of something.

We don't buy presents in our family. But I would rather someone just gave me money, so I can spend it on what I want as and when.
Why people feel they have to buy presents I don't know. A money present to some seems like a cheap present. Some of my clients give me presents from my work, some buy me bottles of booze. As I don't really drink alcohol it's a wasted present on me. I end up offering it to other people. In a way I guess you could say I'm ungreatful. It the thought that counts. But when people are thanking me for my hard work and I don't get to use the present they gave me I don't see the point in presents.

Dom and I haven't bought each other presents for years because there just weren't funds available, but things are a bit easier now so a few weeks ago I suggested we start buying again as we both find Christmas day a bit flat now that it's just the two of us. I don't really do jewellery but I absolutely fell in love with these two and bought them at YHL.....for me ..... on Dom's behalf!! ;)
20181114_202658-600x620.jpg

20181114_202734-600x621.jpg

Dom took it well and told me I'd made good choices on his behalf. Lol. I'm sending him out to buy something for himself on MY behalf now!!!

Reactions: Jessey and PePo
Some years, I don't ask for anything horsey but this year my list is predominately horsey!

I've asked my parents for a pair of Parelli 22ft featherlight lines so I can start long reining properly.

I've asked for a seat saver from my OH. I'll probably ask for riding gloves off my sister. Or gin ... :D

We don't buy presents in our family. But I would rather someone just gave me money, so I can spend it on what I want as and when.
Why people feel they have to buy presents I don't know. A money present to some seems like a cheap present. Some of my clients give me presents from my work, some buy me bottles of booze. As I don't really drink alcohol it's a wasted present on me. I end up offering it to other people. In a way I guess you could say I'm ungreatful. It the thought that counts. But when people are thanking me for my hard work and I don't get to use the present they gave me I don't see the point in presents.
I prefer cash presents, but in my family it is seen as a cop out/lazy thing to do **don't throw tomatoes at me yet** :p because Christmas is about giving and time and effort should be put into selecting a gift that shows best how you feel about the person, so a crappy gift suggest you don't care much. So actually that supports your not liking being given alcohol when you don't drink, as that is a crappy present for you :) ETA, handmade gifts get the most kudos in my family.

I'd like some fleece lined waterproof, windproof breeches for hunting, a moleskin stock again for warmth. that's about it really.

newrider.com