What's one more....

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
Meet Ollie or Warleigh Spot On..... Hes 138 cm 12 year old Show pony/ Part Bred Arab with an excellent show record behind him......Hes been placed at HOYS & RIHS as well as many County show wins up and down the country. He can jump 3 ft 6.... hes come to us to have some fun out Endurance ...Jumping and Showing. We picked him up today and introduced him to the herd.... hes in the school with Sweep over night. He has fabulous temperament and manners to die for..... not used to the plait up skinny legged, show ponies so will be asking for lots of advice on this guy :D I am frightened he will snap :(

Hes a little cutie :) and we managed to squeeze him in :)

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/warleigh+spot+on

Ollie.jpg

ollie with sweep.jpg

show pony.jpg

shoow pony2.jpg

Last edited:
from working with show ponies some many years ago doing winter champs the ponies were wrapped up in a million rugs and only let out for a few hours a day incase they injured their stick legs, they were never clipped but rugged up to the eyeballs and groomed to get any coats out and hot groomed. They would then be chucked out for a couple of months off until the summer season showing started! and rerugged and again groomed to remove any coat. They were lovely and shiny ! but I didnt like this certain method. They were also in my opinion grossly fed with all sorts of supplements and blue chip to get that oh so needed ' show condition' Of course im sure there are better methods nowadays !! the grotty boses also were fans of loose schooling with side reins.. round and round, and riding with draw reins at all times. grrrrr!

from working with show ponies some many years ago doing winter champs the ponies were wrapped up in a million rugs and only let out for a few hours a day incase they injured their stick legs, they were never clipped but rugged up to the eyeballs and groomed to get any coats out and hot groomed. They would then be chucked out for a couple of months off until the summer season showing started! and rerugged and again groomed to remove any coat. They were lovely and shiny ! but I didnt like this certain method. They were also in my opinion grossly fed with all sorts of supplements and blue chip to get that oh so needed ' show condition' Of course im sure there are better methods nowadays !! the grotty boses also were fans of loose schooling with side reins.. round and round, and riding with draw reins at all times. grrrrr!

He will be living out with access to a shelter, rugged up yes...but will still have Sweep for company. I dont use any gadgets my ponies are schooled ...hacked and have fun... I will have to really watch this boys figure though ...Its not all about winning and he will be doing lots of fun stuff between the shows to keep his mind active :) and his body toned.

Reactions: Gimp
I know of people who hack out in side reins, I guess everyone's idea of riding, owning and discipline is different.
I think lights are kept on 24/7 to stop any winter coat.

Reactions: Gimp
yes, my bosses were all about winning regardless of how they reached it! I meant to add he is gorgeous!

I know of people who hack out in side reins, I guess everyone's idea of riding, owning and discipline is different.
I think lights are kept on 24/7 to stop any winter coat.

ah yes the lights aswell !

Side reins on tight when loose schooling is not my idea of effective loose schooling!

newrider.com