What's the best 'horse gadget' you've ever bought??!!!

Princess Anne

Aug 1, 2010
As far as 'horse-related' items go, I've only ever bought an actual horse and a saddle - neither of which have arrived yet :unsure:

But I've just purchased my FIRST EVER horse-related gadget off EBay :smug:

It's called an 'E-Z Mount' thingymagig that you put through your stirrup, like an extra one - but lower, so you can get into the saddle from the ground without having to find an upturned wheelie bin or a fence.

How fantastic will THAT be when I fall off in the middle of nowhere :smug:

So what's the best gadget you've bought???

HRH PA EAZILYMOUNTING

xxxx

I brought one of those and was sooooooo disappointed with it. Trouble was, when you go to mount your so far down you can't actually get your leg over. Well that's what happened when I brought one. Best gadget, probably the Dually head collar.

Well I have several but not sure if they qualify as gadgets as such?

I am very much liking my Libbys R-S-Tor which is a sort of confidence boosting handle.

Also find my giant orange zip bag in which I deposit all things horsy that need to go in the washing machine v handy as it stops the hair blocking my machine.

And also love my Sprenger Bow Balance stirrups as my ankles and joints are much less painful with these to ride in.

Ditto the Dually too with lovely long soft rope!

:wink:
I brought one of those and was sooooooo disappointed with it. Trouble was, when you go to mount your so far down you can't actually get your leg over. Well that's what happened when I brought one. Best gadget, probably the Dually head collar.

Oh TYPICAL :cry: My first gadget!!!!

Never mind, it was second hand!

Hello Criollo1 - I've just bought a Criollo :wink:

Getting him from Campo Criollo ... Criollo1 ! Messaged you.

What's special about the Dually then? I see Monty's responsible for it so it can't be bad :tongue:

I like the look of the Libbys R-S-Tor as well Flump! Getting a Western saddle with a horn but the more things to hold on to the better in my book!

Last edited:
Well I find it very flexible. You can use it as a normal head collar or use it for it's main purpose which is to help you get control of the horse on the ground. I find it excellent for loading as well.

Hmmmmm ... I may not invest in one then. You could tie this boy up with a piece of cotton and he wouldn't go anywhere :giggle:

It loops onto stirup bars and threads through each d ring then you have a piece of wide webbing with bobble at top that you just hold in one hand with your rein as normal. Idea is if you are thrown off balance this gives you some security and stops you maybe socking horse in the mouth too.

Makes me feel a little safer anyway!

It loops onto stirup bars and threads through each d ring then you have a piece of wide webbing with bobble at top that you just hold in one hand with your rein as normal. Idea is if you are thrown off balance this gives you some security and stops you maybe socking horse in the mouth too.

I got one for my english saddle you can use it as a balance strap as well, but thats the only gadget I have the best horse thing I bought was a western saddle.

Best thing I ever bought was a plain rope head-collar - not a Dually or any of those controlling ones, just rope. It helped teach my daughter's bossy mare to be polite; it fits all my horses, from Barney's extra-large head to the pony, it fits in my pocket, you can chuck it in the washing-machine if it's muddy, and it's lasted for years.

Oh, and the 12-foot rope that goes with it.

:smile:

That looks good, flump - you can hold it in your hand all the time without changing your hand position. Better than the mane (which I rely on) or a neckstrap (that's what they had at the RS for hogged horses), because you don't have to think of it and then grab it ...

My best gadget was bought earlier this year - my furminator!!! :spin:I spent a lot less time covered in white hair thanks to that brilliant tool!

newrider.com