Whats your Fear ?

horses stumbling and falling over with me. ( i am very careful where i canter (probably ovely careful!)

getting trampled or dragged (i know, this is fairly unlikely but still ... :eek: )

being bolted with :eek:

falling off on a hack :eek:

im a big chicken!

Julia
x

Now that made me laugh, Naughty Alfie !
Stormy J - you are crazy.:eek:

I'm not too keen on the idea of being bolted with either, but fortunately its never happened yet.

Yep, I'm absolutely mad - when we go XC I'll jump the most horrendous ditches, drops, steps, and water but a palisade has me quaking in my boots! :p

Having my horse get loose on a hack terrifies me. Most of the paddocks are over a hundred acres and you have to watch your footing in some areas, a spooked horse in full tack loose out there?:eek:

Probably Tyler getting hurt and having no way of getting back to the yard. That scares the hell outta of me.

Could almost cope with me getting hurt, but Tyler is a no go. Dont know whether it is really a fear of vets bills lol.

Just the thought of poor Mr T getting hit by a car is enough to make me growl at every driver who passes us :eek::eek:

When goingany faster than a trot, especially out hacking, i'm constantly scared that the horse is going to trip and go heels over head onto the floor...like the racehorses do! :eek:
I just don't want them to break a leg or something and it be my fault.

colletybetty, i have a very similar fear! i HATE riding down hills and inclines. Think it stems from the school on our old yard being accessible via a wee hill and having toby tank off and buck down the hill :eek: i practise going up and down inclines in the field, which quite handily is almost split by a steep incline. I'm better than i was but i still get that stomach knot when i see a hill!!

Mine is those first few strides after mounting,thats the last thing i remember of my horrific accident,"walk on sweetheart" her bronking then nothing,i pat all around the saddle area and his rump as a warning im going to get on,its just my way of dealing with what happened to me,it will be 2 yrs in july but its like yesterday everytime i get on.:eek:

Can I say ALL of the above???:eek:

Seriously tho, falling off and damaging myself (falling off and not is just a hazzard of riding Im afraid!).

Being dragged.

Tractors as my mare doesnt like them but we are getting past that as I have to be in charge.

Jumping full stop!

Wanting to end my post on a positive: I dont like the thought of bolting at all but my mare would never bolt and leave the ride so thats a plus. Also she stands still once you fall off, so again a plus!

Last edited:
I haven't had a really bad fear of anything as I stop myself from thinking about it.. but now I've read all your posts, I'm scared of hills, jumps, going fast, rearing and bucking! :eek:

Mines the same as Joyscarers.. i fear my horse spooking whilst at high speed. Ive already had a fall when this happened. I was cantering across a field and a phesant flew out in front of us. Horse spooked, kicked out at bird, tried to take off and i fell. It wasnt a bad fall (but it was my first) and afterwards i was fine, jumped back on and cantered again in same spot..however ever since this time im so paranoid about the same thing happening again that i wont canter out hacking until ive walked the ares first to check for these b****y phesants:eek:

newrider.com