When all the work pays off!

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
Putting a new pair together can be fun. They have to learn to work together, and tolerate each other, and to a degree, second guess each other.

I have had few problems with any of the pairs I have put together.

However, one particular pair that we are working with ATM came up with something I have never encountered before! They leaned so hard on and off the pole they nearly fell over.

One of the mares is very hard working and wants to get the job done, the other is a bit lazy and not much rattles her. Sadly the calmer one could upset the conscientious one.

Well to cut a long story short, we did a lot of intensive work this week and it all paid off.

Today (after a tooth rasping session yesterday) we went for a lovely long drive and the two were perfect. Both doing equal work, little ears pricked, halts that were still and no fussing and NO LEANING!

I am so pleased with them, they were a joy to drive.

Great!
You've inspired me to persevere with my new pair who are being somewhat challenging - each in their own different ways!

Would this be the new black pair???

Persevere, just get them driving and get the miles under their belt.

Ahem Wally

Where are the pics ;)

Sounds as though all the hard work is gonna be worth it then!!!

Nikki xxxx

Yes Wally the new black pair. Having what you might call teething problems at the moment. Would love to get them driving - still working on leading on a headcollar at the moment!

well done Wally, I expect you were postively beaming!

Such a shame we will never know with there being no pictures hehe !! :D

Lisw.......you are having leading in a head collar bother!:eek::eek::confused: :confused: Who is being bolshy?

My goodness, they have been left to their own devices!

Did you get the DVD of them? If so try to keep that mental image in your head, they DO know what is expected of them, it is not rocket science for them. If Rinky is being a primadonna about stuff, ignor! She could be a bit of a drama queen, just tell her how it is and get on with it! :D

Found these of one of their first drives outside as a pair.

Attachments

• IMG_6235.jpg
    IMG_6235.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6255.jpg
    IMG_6255.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 17
newrider.com