When did rubber mats get so expensive?!

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I've been promising myself some for a while, but kept putting it off, just had a quick check of prices and they've gone up again, now over £53 collected! the first lot I bought when they were first a thing I paid 20 quid each! perhaps I'll look for an alternative.

I got new equimats interlocking ones 18 months ago the thicker 38mm ones. It was just over £900 for the stable inc delivery. Well worth it tho. My last ones were at least 20 years old. Everyone else with cheeper mats are having them move, need trimmed and get wet under them. Mine haven’t moved and don’t get wet under

Mine are going outside so moving and wet under doesn't matter so much and they have to be rubber not EVA or the wind will have them.

They are really expensive, but what I will say is that even after a few years (and many more I hope) I could hose them off and sell them for very near full price. If not full price I paid for them. They are great too but I can understand the price tag is difficult to justify

Reactions: Jessey
Jess’s pad got it’s overhaul, new to us rubber mats both sides of a Dolav (I already had the thicker ones under it) for hay should definitely make skipping out much easier. And another Dolav as a big water trough, just have to get some guttering sorted now to harvest rainwater from the shelter roof.
487E7627-F0AF-4031-9F94-D61EEF32BEA6.jpeg
2 reasons for switching to a Dolav for hay, I noticed the wooden ones had black mould under them and suspect that could well be playing into her breathing issues and also I hope it means Dan can go back in with her as it’s 30” tall (same as him) so hopefully he won’t be able to reach her rations 🤣

newrider.com