When did you last do something different?

I tried to do that plait that is a combination of running plait and normal plaits - I can't remember what it's called but it's supposed to look almost like normal plaits, but works on a long mane.

Anyway it didn't go too well. Improved as I got down the mane but the individual bobbles of plait were on top of each other and because you keep incorporating the left over long bit of mane into the next plait, my left over long bit of mane got thicker and thicker as I went along. Not sure it's supposed to work out like that .... wish I could find a slow motion video on Youtube so I could see exactly how they do the 'trick' bit of incorporating the left over mane into the next plait - it looked as though you split the next bit of mane into four but I couldn't quite work out what happened next :rolleyes:

I tried to do that plait that is a combination of running plait and normal plaits - I can't remember what it's called but it's supposed to look almost like normal plaits, but works on a long mane.

Anyway it didn't go too well. Improved as I got down the mane but the individual bobbles of plait were on top of each other and because you keep incorporating the left over long bit of mane into the next plait, my left over long bit of mane got thicker and thicker as I went along. Not sure it's supposed to work out like that .... wish I could find a slow motion video on Youtube so I could see exactly how they do the 'trick' bit of incorporating the left over mane into the next plait - it looked as though you split the next bit of mane into four but I couldn't quite work out what happened next :rolleyes:
I did that on Jess but they were all pretty much the same size. I plaited down about 4" then banded, I folded the plait once and poked at the 'tail' out towards the withers, then folded the plait in half again and banded. Then took the tail down to the next plait (left a normal distance) and incorporated it into the next 4" plait.

My lesson made me think of this thread.
RI wanted to adjust my stirrups, I hadn't been entirely happy with them either.
I pulled the seat up and pulled the stirrup plate off and readjusted without getting off.

Considering different stirrups so that will be something new as not had non endurance ones for about ten years.

newrider.com