When doing an inhand show what does the handler have to wear ?

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
Do they have to be in jodphurs and a hacking jacket ? Do you have to match your horse in some way ?

Complete show novice here so need all the help I can get :D

I've only ever been to the one In-Hand show but I wore beige jods, white shirt and pc tie, navy jacket and long boots but others were wearing canary yellow jods, tweed jackets, short boots :)

good luck with your show :D

For inhand you don't wear jodphurs. You wear smart trousers which are the opposite colour to your horses legs so if you horse has dark legs you wear light trousers and vice versa. You do wear a hacking jacket with a shirt and tie, brown gloves and cane. The only real way of matching is making sure both you and the horse are correctly turned out to type.
What type is your horse and what are you planning on showing him in?

For in hand I wear a jacket ( not necesarily a riding jacket) and trousers, shoes I can run like hell in, a stock , gloves and a hat of some kind. oh and carry a cane.

Hmm - just curious about it all really.

He's a HW cob, however I'm not hogging/clipping him under any circumstances for a show. He has been shown with his previous owner and did pretty well with it and whilst I'm loosing the weight after I've had Little One, I was just thinking of other activities I could do without riding him :)

So I dont know what classes I could enter :eek:

I think it's prefered if you wear smart trousers and jodpur boots but I may just wear my jods and long boots when I show my lad in hand.

I normally just wear what I wear to ride in for shows:)

Tweed, light jodhs, boots/gaiters, shirt+tie, hat.

Will be out with Kia in a few weeks lol!!:D

Nikki xxx

Far more correct to wear trousers in hand- looks far more professional and the overall picture counts.

For a hairy coloured you'd need tweed jacket, tie, shirt, trousers & boots to run in, carry a cane & a hat is often optional but recommended for safety reasons

I really like doing inhand with my youngsters. There more to it than walking & trotting around the ring :)

have you got a picture?

Now you asked for it :D

Heres some taken of him last summer :
IMG_1180.jpg
(This is the cleanest pic I have off him :eek: )
Levi.jpg35.jpg

LeviMovingdayjpg67.jpg

Oh and just to see what he looks like clipped : (This was a pic sent to me from his previous owner before he won Best Cob or something) I still *might* do it one day ... He does look nice clipped doesnt he ?
LeviClipped.jpg

Actually just thought, do they get marked down for scars ? :/ He has got one on his hind foot ..

you would wear navy trouses flat shoes u can peg it in, u see most m&m people in trainers! a tweed jacket shirt an tie, not a stock as incorrect for day time showing. an a beagler b on the safe sid, or a trilby as some shows state u have to wear a hat. an brown leather gloves ana cain xx

Hi Ruskii, i am new to all this showing laark as well lol.
I have thought about doing in-hand but am extremly nervous. I had the question of what would i wear, and also what does it involve?
Sorry for stealing your thread a little here Ruskii, :eek:

newrider.com