When was the last time you made an epic fail

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
We all do what we think is best don't we. We make that decision.
We know our horse and its likes and dislikes. You brain informs you before you do the epic fail- wrong.

Mine likes warm water. For washing feathers, rinsing sweaty sweetie, I boil the kettle so it's tepid.
You followed that easily enough right. Not rocket science.

With this heat she's getting too hot and itching personal places. I contact friend for what they use. 'Oh I use this gel stuff, very soothing'
I buy it, I apply it and I am now sporting an amazing bruise where her hoof made contact with me.
I was able to apply the same gel on me:D:eek:

Now why didn't my brain say hey hang on cool gel she doesn't like cold does she, is that a good idea. Nope, it says put your hand in there and let your leg take the force of her response. A fly buck with squeal and kick, anyone want to check again if she meant it.
I think she did.

Oh dear, I hope you are ok?

Jess doesn't really object to things, she's very tolerant/stoic. I remember about 10 years ago I went to put some white cream on a scrape on Bo's leg. Bo didn't like white cream, any other colour didn't require any dramatics. Without thinking I stormed over and bent down with my head kind of in front of him, I got a knee to the face!

Reactions: Cortrasna
We all do what we think is best don't we. We make that decision.
We know our horse and its likes and dislikes. You brain informs you before you do the epic fail- wrong.

Mine likes warm water. For washing feathers, rinsing sweaty sweetie, I boil the kettle so it's tepid.
You followed that easily enough right. Not rocket science.

With this heat she's getting too hot and itching personal places. I contact friend for what they use. 'Oh I use this gel stuff, very soothing'
I buy it, I apply it and I am now sporting an amazing bruise where her hoof made contact with me.
I was able to apply the same gel on me:D:eek:

Now why didn't my brain say hey hang on cool gel she doesn't like cold does she, is that a good idea. Nope, it says put your hand in there and let your leg take the force of her response. A fly buck with squeal and kick, anyone want to check again if she meant it.
I think she did.

Oh heck! Hope you're okay and not damaged!!

Oh dear, I hope you are ok?

Jess doesn't really object to things, she's very tolerant/stoic. I remember about 10 years ago I went to put some white cream on a scrape on Bo's leg. Bo didn't like white cream, any other colour didn't require any dramatics. Without thinking I stormed over and bent down with my head kind of in front of him, I got a knee to the face!

:eek:

Funnily enough. She looked when I appeared with the product today.
I popped a teeny bit on the bulbs of the legs, oh yes love that!
So I took a risk and moved a bit and she was fine. But- common sense tells me not to go there again just settle for the bulbs.

I'm fine but lesson learnt. She doesn't mess about. I do like that about her.

@Jessey it could have been my head had I of moved round more.
I might have caught her off guard and it's cold and somewhere you know. Sensitive.

Reactions: Jessey
Well I have had a good few around horses over the years - but probably the most damaging and stupid on my part was back in the day with Solomon - my back ached from bending to beautify his gorgeous flowing white feathers - so minus hat and all the other BHS stuff you are supposed to do I knelt directly in front of him and happily worked away at his feathers.......I woke up a good 10 minutes later with a vague memory of his massive great knee coming up as he stamped away a fly or something and smacked me straight between the eyes with his gorgeous great big Jurassic Park knee! I somehow managed to get up and turn him out and get to the house despite feeling dreadfully sick and disorientated. :rolleyes:

And no - I never learned my lesson really - still do equally stupid stuff that I would scream at a novice for doing but hey ho that is human nature. :D

newrider.com