When you get things just “slightly” wrong.

Doodle92

Apr 6, 2021
Drive 6.5 hours round trip without issue. Drive 2 farms down/1 mile and you do this.
This was 3 years ago and came up on my memories.

“which gate should I go in”
“Well bottom one closed but top one open”
“Probably the top one then?”
“Yes let’s go for that”

Get to top one
“Hmmm this looks quite tight”
“Hhhmmm quite difficult to reverse back down, let’s go for it”

Half way through
“Really not going to make this. Oh ****”

Trailer slips sideways slightly on loose gravel

D265832C-F234-4A72-BC32-20DCDA2ED1A0.jpeg051BB041-8BAF-4F97-84DD-5DB8A2E57E16.jpeg

Yep, should have opened the bottom gate! Slightly embarrassing when 2 big men have to LIFT you trailer off their gate post. Having unloaded superstar horse who was standing still with trailer at nifty angle. Along with much “ill pay for the damage” panicking. Not a mark on the gate post! Which incidentally lifts out to allow both sides of the gate open to allow you to get in…..

Oops! Shame you didn’t know you could lift the post out before.
I did similar once, went to get Jess from horsepital in my friends big equitrek, came into the driveway and consciously came tight to the yo’s garden fence to get the swing into the yard as I’d done a dozen times before. The trailer sank into the gravel on that side and lent over by a few inches, wedging onto the fence! Apparently a big lorry had squished it down the week before and they had topped the wheel rut up with loose gravel, unknown to me. Palarva that was because it was the ramp side against the fence so I couldn’t even off load to sort it out!

Eekk. Glad it’s not just me. From that pic it looks like the post should just lift up and free the trailer. But nope they were firmly wedged together.

Shortly after this we borrowed a trailer while this was getting fixed. Owner said just pop it back outside my house rather than taking it back to farm. So I did, put handbreak on, unhitched and the trailer rolled off down the track and across the road into a hedge! The handbreak didn’t work. So of course trailer is now across the road in the middle of traffic. I have never got back into my car and hitched back up again so quickly! Didn’t borrow that trailer again.

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com