Where do NR folks work.....?

I am not undercover but my job is generally not considered socially acceptable to many so I don't state what I do.

I drive around in cars to areas/beats to patrol and do a fair bit of walking and talking and educating people :) some people are happy to see us and others not so lol

I enjoy my job for the most part, dealing with the public has its ups and downs so you can have great days and really crappy days. Just like any job I'd imagine :)

I work three mornings a week as a housekeeper. Hubby (full time gardener handyman) and I are employed by a rich family and get accommodation as part of the employment package. We live in the middle of 125 acres in a 300yo converted coach house with beautiful views over Shropshire. It's tough....... :p

I run my own company delivering therapeutic services to children living in care homes. Including Equine Assisted Therapy. I also do consultancy work for NHS England mainly on crisis care for children and young people and on eating disorder services for children and young people. Endlessly fascinating but often stressful and sometimes heart breaking.

I was an independent researcher and retired to learn to ride at 62 when OH was also forced to retire. But we did research from home - a First World War book now published and I am now back in archives a couple of days a week. Info is written up at home or pursued on the internet, so eats up one's free time. But also tempts one to look at NR.

I sell new homes direct for a developer, I do like my job for the most part, hours are very horse friendly, if not husband friendly, pay is great if you're good at it and you get a good site and I like talking to people, but it does have it's downsides and sometimes can be a little bit stressful.
Favorite job I ever did was when I was self employed as a gardener, I loved that job, got to cherry pick clients and work whatever hours suited me, best of all it allowed me to work outdoors and use powertools lol. I was forced to give it up when I was diagnosed with arthritis in my spine, thought about being more 'design' orientated but hated not being 'hands on' so got mardy and gave it up. :(

I work alongside OH from home. He designs, I do the proof reads on plans and marketing. It's fab. This year we are expanding and I'm doing more training which is very interesting. Hours totally horse friendly! After spending almost eighteen years dealing with Joe public I can honestly say working on the internet independently is a breath of fresh air. Only trouble is, where we live now has soooooo many distractions on a day to day basis. I do struggle to work when one of my friends rings and asks if I would like a carriage ride around the island......wait, it took me 0 seconds to come to a decision....:p:D:D So on the whole yeah I do like what I do. My other dream life would be to run a racing yard (not do any actual riding of them or training:p) you know, just swan about all day stroking handsome tb faces over stable doors.......:p:D

I sell new homes direct for a developer, I do like my job for the most part, hours are very horse friendly, if not husband friendly, pay is great if you're good at it and you get a good site and I like talking to people, but it does have it's downsides and sometimes can be a little bit stressful.
Favorite job I ever did was when I was self employed as a gardener, I loved that job, got to cherry pick clients and work whatever hours suited me, best of all it allowed me to work outdoors and use powertools lol. I was forced to give it up when I was diagnosed with arthritis in my spine, thought about being more 'design' orientated but hated not being 'hands on' so got mardy and gave it up. :(

Are you never tempted to opem up the design side again? I know it must be a bit frustrating not getting hands on, but you could let your creative juices flow and get a green fix!

Are you never tempted to opem up the design side again? I know it must be a bit frustrating not getting hands on, but you could let your creative juices flow and get a green fix!
Nope, lol, I don't have much desire to design gardens other than my own anymore, I was by all accounts quite good at the design side of things but I never really enjoyed it much, far happier out in the fresh air, digging and weeding, raking and seeding, listening to the birds singing and the gentle hum of busy Bees. :)
Much nicer than a desk and the busy hum of a computer. :)

Nope, lol, I don't have much desire to design gardens other than my own anymore, I was by all accounts quite good at the design side of things but I never really enjoyed it much, far happier out in the fresh air, digging and weeding, raking and seeding, listening to the birds singing and the gentle hum of busy Bees. :)
Much nicer than a desk and the busy hum of a computer. :)

Ah yes, the computer hum.....I know that sound only too well:D

I am a company accountant. I am bored!
On a warm sunny day, I wish I was a gardener. On a cold wet day I'm glad I have an office job.
My dream job has always been to train guide dogs. Looked into it a few years ago and had a tour round the training centre which was fab! Unfortunately couldn't afford to work as a kennel maid on minimum pay at the time ( everyone has to start there) now I am too old!

I worked my whole life in an office and remember the transition from
hand written orders to the computer world coming in.

I did work at home for a number of years = which would not have been possible w/o the computer world.

Most people did not understand just because you worked at HOME especially if you worked for a company YOU HAD SET HOURS!!

I guess the worse was agreeing to work a couple hours on Sundays which was fine when You could get up early and get it done -- then a 90 day wonder took over and you cant start til something like 9am that just messed up the whole day.
I put up with that for a couple of years then got out of the xtra on Sundays.

I have been retired for some years now and DONT MISS IT.

Im a primary teacher but Im on a 5 year career break and currently at home with MiniCA; meant to be rocking the whole super mummy thing and doing loads of house work/baking cup cakes. In reality I spend as much time as I can outside with the ponies and on the croft :D Luckily MiniCA isnt much into baking anyway..

My other dream life would be to run a racing yard (not do any actual riding of them or training:p) you know, just swan about all day stroking handsome tb faces over stable doors.......:p:D
Get a share in one. You can visit and watch them run, assuming they do it's a bit high and lows.
It wouldn't suit me as they are not pets. Any not making the cut need to go, they need to make you money not cost you money.
You could end up with a field full of could have been but couldn't part with. :)

I'm a civil servant with the RAF, but on permanent contract to the US Air Force.

I run the section that looks after all the tools, equipment, vehicles etc for the mechanics to keep the jets flying :) I also manage Continuous Process Improvement and am the Environmental Coordinator (everything from managing hazardous materials to recycling) and have several other hats which is why I spend my days chasing round like a blue ass fly :p I enjoy my job but I think I've been there too long now at just over 6 years, it feels a bit like groundhog day all the time.

newrider.com