Where do you all buy your haynets?

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I'm after some new ones as I feed ale his on the ground they are all getting trashed.

Small holed and a decent size so can fit a couple of sections in.

Have you got any recommendations? Whenever I buy them online they are either tiny or the holes are too big. Despite being advertised as large, small holed haynets.

Thanks!

My current favorite net I brought at a local tack shop (Nags Essentials), its the shires softmesh haylage net, it has really small 1" holes and no knots to rub on gums etc. and the rope its made from is soft but heavy, I can fit probably three quarters of a small bale in it.

The other ones I have lots of are the standard shires haylage nets, they have 2" holes and hold 6.5kg which is about 6 sections. I also brought very similar to the above off EBay, I think its was @mistiquemalaika who shared the link with me, I think it was 6 nets for 25 quid, they are actually very similar to the shires haylage nets but have a metal ring at the bottom instead of being square.

Reactions: MrA
I bought about a bulk set of 10 from ebay small holed quite big as I used to fill them up for the week, all the same colour too so I knew which were mine. That was about 2 years ago and they're still going strong.

I bought about a bulk set of 10 from ebay small holed quite big as I used to fill them up for the week, all the same colour too so I knew which were mine. That was about 2 years ago and they're still going strong.
You don't happen to have a link for these do you? They sound perfect!

Reactions: PePo
Another one that would appreciate a link those Lissie if you could find one :)

It was quite a while ago but I will see if it's on my Ebay history. It worked out cheaper than buying 10 from the local tack shop anyway.

Just updating this if this helps anyone I've just bought Imperial Riding 'Greedy Feeder' haynets which look the same as the Shires version, but half the price :)

I got them from Hope Valley Saddlery off ebay.

newrider.com